I'm Happy AH Relapsed

Old 01-27-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh Stung, you are going to be Just Fine. I love those AHA moments - I swear I can almost feel my mind open a bit when I have those lightning bolt strikes & I suddenly GET IT. I never know whether I feel really smart for finally getting it, or really stupid for missing what seems so obvious for so long, lol.

And I appreciate newcomers like you who aren't afraid to post your real feelings even when you disagree or can't "see" the point being made "right now". Your posts have often made me stop & reassess my own situation before responding, and the similarities between us/our situations was very timely *for me* in my personal journey; I got a lot out of thinking back from where I was to where I am now & the differences in how I handle it all day to day.

Great, great post to read this morning!!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good for you Stung! Keep up the great work!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The ah-ha moments are priceless. For me they are more like a break in the clouds vs. a lightening strike. I guess I am a bit slow on the uptake. I tend to take in the information and chew on it for a while and then when an event happens my brain reaches back to what I have read (either here or in books) or to something my T has said - and THAT is when it happens for me.

Dandylion - what an excellent question to pose. If I had to answer it would be keep reading/learning. Fake it till you feel it.

I had a math teacher in high school - going through Geometry (you remember all the formulas and rules?). I just couldn't grasp it, the teacher just kept encouraging me. Follow the rules/formulas and keep applying them - soon the clouds will part. They did. It took almost the entire semester, but I finally grasped enough to get a B in the class. That is how I look at recovery. I may not be first to cross the finish line, but I keep putting one foot in front of the other and eventually I will get across that finish line.

It isn't sunny yet, but it is only partly cloudy
Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lyssy - for me, it's like finding Waldo in a Where's Waldo book or figuring out an answer in a sudoku puzzle or crossword that had you previously stumped or putting together the whole border of a 10,000 piece puzzle. Like a slow ooooooooookay, now I see what direction I need to be heading in.