A Kind of a Quack

Old 01-20-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Kind of a Quack

I thought about putting this in the quackers thread but it's not amusing in the slightest.

I had to get rid of my old car. It was due to be re-registered which would have cost $800, needed new tyres - more $$$, new brakes - more $$$, had no air con - couple of thousand bucks to do and it also had a weird wobble. I was going to continue to drive it until it died, but it was getting way too dangerous and a total liability. I don't think it will ever stop going!

So, I got a "new" (used) car. I bought it privately from a couple who had upgraded. They had really looked after the car, had all the logbooks, all the log book services and it looks almost brand new except for a few small scratches. Very low mileage on it too. I had a mechanic check it over and all was good so I made the couple an offer I thought they would refuse as I was willing to pay a bit more (my offer was almost 12% less than they had advertised it for) and they accepted!

I collected the kids from XAH's place on the weekend in my new car. The drunken texts from XAH started around midnight last night:

Nice car. Who you f***ing these days?

You don't fool me or anyone else.

Such an asshat.

Yeah big boy. It's not possible that a woman, me in particular, is able to source, get together the money for and buy her own car is it? I would need to be f***ing a man for that to happen.

The ******** used to call himself a feminist. What a jealous little turd.

I have saved the texts and of course, will not reply. Turd.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good for you Lulu! If i said what I thought about his drunken text, i may be thrown off the board.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice car. Who you f***ing these days?

You don't fool me or anyone else.

What a nasty little drunk.

He just figured you would not be able to resist engaging.

Oh, and it's not okay for him to abuse you in this way, clearly he is unaware , glad you are holding steady, takes a lot of strength.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so happy you and your children have a nice, safe, new care to use!!

Just keep ignoring the drunk-a-thon from your ex, and perhaps store those texts away for possible future use as needed
Old 01-21-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Proud of you! I went through same exact thing Lulu! I am so glad you did it for yourself! Didnt it feel so liberating to accomplish something without him?

They hate to see us progressing! Because that means we are needing them less and less.

Keep it up! Great job getting your car and even better job ignoring the quack!!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay Lulu!!!Im so excited for your new car! And even more for your new life where jerk moves like what your x pulled aren't everyday occurrences!!!

My ex would also assume that I was "f-ing someone else" - not because of what I drove but because he simply could not understand that being alone was better than being with him. I think somehow in their brains it's easier to think "she left me for someone else - someone with more money or a bigger ****" because then it's something they have no control over, whereas if they really took to heart that nope, I actually left because of something you did, could have chosen to get help for - that's a tougher pill to swallow.

In your case though, it sounds more like he just wanted to rain on your parade... Don't let him.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your X sounds like a real major-league a$$hat Lulu.
It is fantastic he is out of your life as much as possible.

I'm glad you are free of him and didn't rise to his pathetic cheap shot.

I think others are right--he sees you leaving him in the dust and it makes him feel inadequate and angry. Too bad so sad. . .
Old 01-21-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iamthird View Post
They hate to see us progressing! Because that means we are needing them less and less.
This!!

Congratulations on the new car. Very exciting!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

LuLu....good for you! He is just a quacking a$$....you know what you are capable of, that is all that matters! Enjoy your ride!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your xAH and mine sound like they have the same pathetic playbook of lame lines to throw at us to try and make themselves feel better about their drunk pathetic selves!

Hopefully in time (while it's not amusing at all that he degrade and badmouth you like he is) you can be amused by the pathetic-ness of his statement...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lulu that ex is cuckoo, enjoy your life xx
Old 01-21-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Just laughing.

Maybe that was an A pick-up line, or something?

==========

Fun responses:

1. You do not know her. And besides, she is not your type.

2. Geeezzz. A bunch of guys. Making up for lost time. You want the list alphabetically, or in order, or by quality?

3. How 'bout you, Cowboy? Or is that thing still broke back?

4. Oh the car is nothing. Wait 'til you see the house and the ring.

okay someone else's turn . . .

Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

One of the first things I did after getting the restraining order/separation was get myself some wheels. I had been living here 18 months with four children as a semi-single mother with no vehicle. Getting groceries (the kids eat nonstop) was a major athletic event and very time-consuming. I used to call DS16 from the supermarket and he'd come on his bike to help me get all the bags home. It was cute for a little while, but I've got other things to do.

So the car I wound up with is like you describe, Lulu. A great deal, but it looks so big, black sexy and expensive. Like nothing I'd ever driven in my life. Then I picked up a four-bike carrier for the trailer hitch, and I can take us five on a happy family outing anywhere.

Oh, xah was beside himself.

I had never driven in Europe because xah had always insisted on taking the wheel.

Now I know my way on the autoroutes in several countries, I had a local driver's license and my children are so glad to be able to get picked up from a friend's house finally and catch up with me on the ride home.

I liked being environmental and I love the bus and teain, which we still use daily. But with four children, it was really really hard.

The worst was knowing Xah wanted it to be hard. So then when he showed up he could be the big daddy and provide something I couldn't.

He does not want me to get on without him.

But I sure as h**l am!

Congrats, Lulu! Enjoy your new wheels! Forget what he says and go crank the radio, sing at the top of your lungs and wave to the passersby!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ugh, I'll say it again- what a wanker. This reminds me of a quack you did post about him driving a really flash car around for awhile. Good on you for rising above his bait and congrats on your sweet new ride.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks all! My new wheels are rather impressive and look like they cost twice as much as I paid. Pretty freakin' happy with myself

I had another barrage of nasty texts and messages last night. He wants us to "meet and talk".

I said NO. I said he needs to go to detox and a rehab and AA or something similar. I told him there was nothing to talk about until he addresses his addictions.

In December 2012 he told me that both he and his brother had given up pot and other drugs. Last night he told me he had no drugs in the house. Then he told me he had only had one "cone" of pot that night and it was his last cone therefore he wasn't lying when he said he had no drugs because he just finished smoking all the drugs he had in his house! Drunklogic, who knew?

He demanded I start and finalise the financial settlement. He demanded twice as much as any court will EVER give him. I told him that if he wants any money and any settlement he needed to be the person to get the ball rolling as I was not going to put myself out for something he wants.

He saw my car = he thinks I have more money than he thought I did = he thinks my dead father left me something in his will (that didn't happen) and he wants some of it.

Not going to happen sunshine.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

okay someone else's turn . . .

1. Who is this? I don't have you in my contact list.
2. I'm too exhuasted from having sex to text more than 30 characters so I...
3. I'm getting rid of all the broken down worthless possessions, who is this again?