I need your strength

Old 06-18-2004, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need your strength

Raising kids that are 4,3,3 is really tough alone. My three year old daughter ripped out her front tooth at a water park on one of their slides so I went to the emergency room. The whole time thinking how mad I was that my AH gets to work in another state and I am the one that handles every emergency and how it didn't have to be like this. My friends try and be supportive and say "oh it was only her baby tooth" but she is so little to be toothless. Kids at school can be so cruel, I worry about it so bad. Then my dumb AH suggests we buy some cabins in the Carolinas for an investment. We don't have much of a pot to pee in as it stands. The sad part is he was sober!!! He really don't get that I am not going to move up there. I wonder if he even knows what planet he's on. Then.....I watched my friends four kids plus my three (seven terrors) and the mother of them didn't give me the amount she owed me cause she didn't have it all, crying and all. I don't mind helping someone out but I worked for this money and I deserve to get paid. She said she would give it to me next week but it makes me ponder.....I will only have her one child. If any of you are in Florida and want to visit just look for the big black cloud and I will be under it! It seems to follow me. Atikyn
Old 06-18-2004, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Atikyn
Thanks for sharing.
Gald you are here
Old 06-18-2004, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sdp

I remember I was alone with my twins in PA while my hub was in IL.. It was for 15 months, and they were 3 1/2 when he went back.. It was horrible!! I really feel for you in this. He's living the life of Riley, while you're the one taking care of the responsibilites. GGRRRR.. And I only had the 2!!! You have one more!!!

No magic words to help you, just good luck and hugs...
Old 06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sometimes for me it helped to look at it this way. i would rather be watching my kids than without them. i would rather be running around like crazy than unable to keep up with them.

as for the tooth... talk about the tooth fairy and make it easy for her. kids leave impressions upon kids about how they look.. but not nearly as much as a mothers impression can scar a kid. if you are light hearted about it. she will be too.

good luck
Old 06-19-2004, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can only tell you that it gets easier as they get older. Still, doing it alone is the hardest parenting of all. I have been Daddy and Mommy for eight years now and my ex never sent me a dime. Be thankful for the things you do have and I can promise you that the rewards you will reap from pouring your love out on those children will enrich you many times over. It is not going to be a walk in the park, but when your husband does get home put the kids in his lap and go take a walk in the park by yourself!!! Your alone time is precious find ways to utilize it when the chance arises. Of course never forget your allies in Al-anon....we are here to help you stay sane.
Keith