Courage To Change: 01/09/2014

Old 01-09-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 01/09/2014

How often I look outside myself for approval! The project at work is successful, but my good feelings depend on having that success acknowledged. The meal I fix at home is not as tasty when no one compliments the cook. I resent the favors I do for my children when they neglect to thank me.
We all need an occasional pat on the back. But when the applause of others becomes the reason for my behavior and necessary for me to feel satisfied, than I have given them power over me. People may forget to notice the terrific things that I've done or may not be comfortable praising me. I don't have to take it personally. Self-pity and resentment are not my only options. If I can learn to evaluate my own actions and behavior and to value my own judgement, then the approval of others will be enjoyable, but no longer essential to my serenity.

Today's Reminder

Just for today, I will appreciate myself. I will not look to others for approval; I will provide it for myself. I'll allow myself to recognize that I am doing the best I can. Today my best is good enough.

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart."

~Carl Jung
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I needed to read that one today and I left my C2C book in the car. thank you!