Minecraft. Alcohol and Drug Mod

Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Minecraft. Alcohol and Drug Mod

Dunno if any of your kids like Minecraft.

Mine sure do.

It has lots of "Mods."

This is the Alcohol and Drugs Mod. >>>

Minecraft Mod Showcase: Psychodelicraft! (INGAME DRUGS AND ALCOHOL!) - YouTube

Old 01-03-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ABF plays Minecraft obsessively...much the same way he drinks.

Should have bought him this mod for Xmas....maybe he could kill 2 birds with the game alone, and cut the drinking out IRL.

Hopefully there is a "rock bottom earthquake" as part of the mod..
Old 01-03-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

My son is into all things Minecraft. I even made him a Steve costume from scratch for Halloween. Never again. Lol
Old 01-03-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow! My kids play minecraft all the time, it's on all of our cells and the ps3. Thankfully it's a mod but still. Last thing I need is my 4yr old running around teaching pre-k how to make hooch and pot brownies!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Awww, c'mon patientlywaitin. Those are the essential skills for the preschool set. If you ask the meth-heads that flood our town, anyway.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lol, I'm sure some of the kids in his class could school him on it as well. I catch mine watching YouTube videos of older kids playing all the time and some of the crap they say floors me! Not that I approve but there's a difference between my 12yr old hearing it and my 4yr old. I'm not an angel by far but damn those kids make me look like one! I'm the most uncool pc monitor ever! Not a fan of hearing my kids use expressions they don't even understand. Or the latest, my son (4) plays video games with his 3 sisters and calls them bro? It's difficult enough for them to get a grasp on AA without their video games making it look cool and easy to walk away from.

Ah! I just heard my mother reminding me how video games trash your brain!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Really I kind of like most of the Minecraft stuff.

Actually teaches the kids 3-D modeling, key board use (they make docs and signs for all their "buildings,") some limited material science, and we are considering writing some Mods ourselves, as programming practice for them.

One guy does some really nice You Tube video.i

No cussing, all very polite. (kids' just corrected me, he did, but apologized and stopped -- had a swear chest . . . . maybe I need one of those)

Stampy Longnose I think is his name >>>

stampylonghead - YouTube

About like a modern Capt. Kangaroo . . . if THAT does not "date" me.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Really I kind of like most of the Minecraft stuff.

Actually teaches the kids 3-D modeling, key board use (they make docs and signs for all their "buildings,") some limited material science, and we are considering writing some Mods ourselves, as programming practice for them.

One guy does some really nice You Tube video.i

No cussing, all very polite. (kids' just corrected me, he did, but apologized and stopped -- had a swear chest . . . . maybe I need one of those)

Stampy Longnose I think is his name >>>

stampylonghead - YouTube

About like a modern Capt. Kangaroo . . . if THAT does not "date" me.
Want to adopt my son for a while? I'm no good at any of this stuff, his bio-dad is a lazy s.o.b., and stepdad is more into fixing cars and fighter jets than computer programming. The boy is a huge nerd, which I want him to always be proud of; he just doesn't have the right role models for it.

And. Captain Kangaroo doesn't date ANYONE. Nope, not possible. I'm not old enough for anything to date me yet. ohmigoshIfeelolderthandirtnow
Old 01-03-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

...who is captain kangaroo?
Old 01-03-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
...who is captain kangaroo?
Captain Kangaroo, child TV hero for those of us between 45--55 who used TV as substitute parent/ babysitter.

Kind of a cartoon MC variety show for kids, with sidekick
Mr. Greenjeans (my personal favorite)

I expect someone has uploaded sample episode on the net. . .
Old 01-03-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I think Stung was just being a smartazz, but thank you for the reference for our foreign friends and the younguns who might not know the greatness that was Captain Kangaroo.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lol!! That's before my time. Bozo was on his way out when I was a kid. I have heard of Captain Kangaroo (from my mom who is 54) but Mr. Greenjeans is a new one!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

You seriously didn't know??? My apologies to Hawkeye, then.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm 28, which feels old but I'm quite a bit younger than the average age on this board, I think. I think there must be secret Facebook groups too with people my age dealing with this stuff. The mommy groups that I'm a part of start on sites like this and then move to Facebook with secret groups.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up on the MineCraft mod and polite YouTube-r guy, Hammer. Time to do another review of DS's history and discuss inappropriate mods. We've already banned headphones while watching MineCraft YouTube videos. He hears quite often, 'That one's a no!' He'll be happy to know of one that's not a 'no'.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the MineCraft mod and polite YouTube-r guy, Hammer. Time to do another review of DS's history and discuss inappropriate mods. We've already banned headphones while watching MineCraft YouTube videos. He hears quite often, 'That one's a no!' He'll be happy to know of one that's not a 'no'.
Understood. They grab my notebook and play the volume at room level.

Good thing. One US guy that does Minecraft Videos . . . I think Sky is his sign on name -- rather foul.

But this Stampy (and friends), are British, charming, joyful. I would think Minecraft would be very smart to have him in the background on payroll just to put a good spin on the game.

I enjoy just listening while working on other stuff across the room.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
Want to adopt my son for a while? I'm no good at any of this stuff, his bio-dad is a lazy s.o.b., and stepdad is more into fixing cars and fighter jets than computer programming. The boy is a huge nerd, which I want him to always be proud of; he just doesn't have the right role models for it.
Would not sweat it. By college he will find his niche and his "people." Just make sure he gets Good Exposure to Real Math and Science Topics. That is what tends to take nerd types down in college. Have to be able to nail Math down through Calculus/Differential Equations and Science through Organic Chemistry -- Then you can do ANYTHING.

Check this out . . . .

https://www.khanacademy.org/

And. Captain Kangaroo doesn't date ANYONE. Nope, not possible. I'm not old enough for anything to date me yet. ohmigoshIfeelolderthandirtnow
Yeah. 'nuff said.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
I'm 28, which feels old but I'm quite a bit younger than the average age on this board, I think. I think there must be secret Facebook groups too with people my age dealing with this stuff. The mommy groups that I'm a part of start on sites like this and then move to Facebook with secret groups.
I'm 30(and-a-half), so what're you saying? That anyone over 28 is old? Hmph.

Hammer- I'm trying to expose him to as much nerdy goodness as I can. I am an English, history, and linguistics nerd in my own right. If I have my way, he will be a well-rounded little egghead. He loves to read. Matter-of-fact, he's currently reading some Minecraft fan fiction that he got for Christmas. I may not be strong in the math and science departments, but I do try to encourage him to go after his interests, regardless.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
I'm 30(and-a-half), so what're you saying? That anyone over 28 is old? Hmph.

Hammer- I'm trying to expose him to as much nerdy goodness as I can. I am an English, history, and linguistics nerd in my own right. If I have my way, he will be a well-rounded little egghead. He loves to read. Matter-of-fact, he's currently reading some Minecraft fan fiction that he got for Christmas. I may not be strong in the math and science departments, but I do try to encourage him to go after his interests, regardless.
Our middle kid -- 9 y.o. Cub Scout -- is the same. When we do library trips for his next selection(s), he asks specifically which editions they have of various books, so he can compare his options.

Got him some Leonardo Di Vinci books for Christmas, and Granna got him some LDV models. He wants to build a Museum Display of LDV inventions.

He is an uber nerd, but also has some early markers of Emotional Dysregulation -- same as Mrs. Hammer at that age. So I am on that like White on Rice.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad Stung, at 30 I know nothing of Capt. Kangaroo. I've heard of it but nothing more than that.

Hammer thanks for the link I'll have to bookmark it on the pc for the kids. They love it, while I was a little shocked cuz the game itself is pretty old, it's made a decent comeback. I just wish I could have my damn phone back. It'll be nice to not be a big meanie for a change!

Cheese, nerds are cool at least that's what I want my 12yr old daughter to believe! Hehe, she has always been a reader to, loves art and science... If I could just keep her away from the Justin Bieber wana be's I might make it through puberty!