Curious - do you ever hear this from your A?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have heard that phrase many times, and then been told that his family would eat me alive if we ever went to visit as they are all like him (sarcastic and abusive?).

The other phrase I often hear is "Lighten up." when I call him out on something that he says. I evidently don't have a sense of humor.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Too sensitive ...
I am usually referred too as a b or a ***** or some other profanity. Im the evil witch where my a is concerned Ofcourse he refers to everyone like that lolive been called too sensitive though but. By others not my a. Mostly because of ky a though. They didnt get it.
Sorry you hurt
Old 01-02-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and experiences. As I don't have many (and by that, I mean none) friends that understand what it's like to be with an A and I don't want to "air my dirty laundry" to those who can't grasp the depth of the issue, it's "nice" to know that I am not alone with this specific topic. Honestly, as the days we are apart grow in number, I learn that I am MUCH happier without him as a partner.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I've noticed that I often preface many comments with, "Sorry if this is a dumb question, but..." and "Maybe I'm just being too sensitive, but...". And it's not just with my A, but with almost everyone. I was never like that in the past. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks again for sharing- it really means a lot to me <3
Old 01-02-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yeah, sounds like you are tip-toeing around, or walking on eggshells. You don't want to make him mad, but you have things you want to say.

Again, I don't really see any reason for this continued involvement. He still has the ability to hurt your feelings and you obviously feel like you have the ability to hurt his. I just don't see the benefit for either of you in this continued dialogue. JMHO
Old 01-02-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I agree with the posters who have suggested you discontinue the conversation when he is offensive to you. Say something like 'that was a rude thing to say, I'm going to hang up now, goodbye'. No need for a response but you have clearly set your boundaries.