Free Write, Meditation and Dreams

Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: The planet Earth, or at least that's what I've been told.
Free Write, Meditation and Dreams

I've been reading many posts on here with many hurting people. I just wanted to offer a bit of support and provide some tools that have been really helpful to me.

First off I want to say that I believe that EVERYONE has their own inner guide. It is accessing and listening to it, which is the key. No one can tell with any degree of certainty what you should be doing in your life. Each of us has our own unique path.

Meditation is something that will help you in every area of your life. It reduces anxiety, helps pulls people out of depression and allows people to engage in healthy relationships. The way I like to meditate is either by listening to calming music or by listening to guided meditations. Both are very effective and in my opinion superior to just shutting your eyes and forcing yourself not to think. Usually I will have something that resembles a dream while I meditate. It should feel easy and natural. If it feels like work, then you may not be doing it right.

Free Writes are something a little more complicated. Typically a free write is something you do when needing guidance. Basically what it is, is allowing your unconscious to write a story. You can use a pen and a paper or type it on your computer. The key is to write a story without thinking or planning anything in advance. The story should flow from you naturally. The characters and plot development will just happen without any effort from you at all. Because this tool is trying to access your unconscious, the story may seem silly or irrational at times, but that's okay. There will be meaning behind it if you let it come about on its own.

The third tool is to analyze your dreams. Every time I remember a dream, I write it down. Sometimes it may take me days or even weeks to understand a dream, but I find they always have a message for me.

I hope this helps someone out there! Happy New Year!