Is it wrong to ask if he needs someone else to drive?

Old 12-29-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

add to all the working through you've done above, if he is driving without a valid licence does that invalidate the insurance? here it would, and I think it's entirely valid to stop the kids being driven around by someone without a valid licence or insurance. that way you don't have to guess whether he is sober or not, he just doesn't drive them because it's illegal, and because the kids won't be covered if there's an accident, regardless of his sober-state.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

how about this as a boundary: NO ONE who does have a valid license and insurance is allowed to drive your children ANYWHERE EVER. then it's not about him, it's about THEM.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

there should be a NOT in there....no one who does NOT have.....
Old 12-29-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

anvil,

i read your first post the way you intended it. only the second time did i see the missing not. "no one who has a valid license should ever drive your child..." you made me laugh today, thank you!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

One other thing I thought of. If your husband does get another DUI with no license and/or injures someone his prison sentence will be harsh. In my state, DUI is considered a violent crime and one must do 85% of the prison sentence. As opposed to other offenses where the inmate only has to do 50% before parole.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
Not according to my youngest.
Your son didn't cause it, can't control it, and can't cure it. He shouldn't have to count beers. He has no ability to keep himself safe in that situation. It doesn't sound like your AH should drive the kids at all.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Springs View Post
Your son didn't cause it, can't control it, and can't cure it. He shouldn't have to count beers. He has no ability to keep himself safe in that situation. It doesn't sound like your AH should drive the kids at all.
Katchie, the fines of your AH breaking the law are the least concern here.

Please, if there is any way to not endanger your children, or expose them to a situation where they are counting beers, do it. I know it is difficult to see when you are so immersed in a situation, but unfortunately, you are the responsible adult here. I'm sorry that's the way it is, but one day your children will grow up and question how or why you could allow them to be in that situation.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your input. He's driven them twice since I told him he would no longer drive them anywhere. I will step it up..come hell or high water he will not drive them, period, anywhere.