Advice maybe?

Old 12-30-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I too cried at both your posts Onawa - you've helped me so much. I Im so thankful I have family too im going to need them.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are not an idiot! You are a normal, sane mother who just wants what's best for her family. You didn't know. Now you do. It sounded kind of dumb to me when in my first al-anon meeting, one old timer said "I didn't know but when I knew better, I did better." But, it's absolutely true! It's a process, I think. It starts with awareness. Now, that you're aware, you focus on education, acceptance, and growth for yourself. This is NOT your fault.

Your children are still young so you have the opportunity now to give them a better, brighter future. I so wish I had sought help when my children were as young as yours. I think Al-Anon is a great place to start. Walking into those first couple meetings was so hard. But, every meeting it gets easier. And, I always leave feeling more hopeful & more aware.

Also, just to be clear: My post was not an indictment on your character, nor was it meant to make you leave your husband. I just wanted to share my experience in case it helped you.

Hugs. I'm so sorry you had to join this club
Old 12-30-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Justagirl - thanks. No not for a second I thought that with your message - not one bit. Im a big girl I will make decisions by myself One day at a time for now