"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Old 12-25-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up "If you're going through hell, keep going."

Hi everyone. We all know that whilst the holidays are enjoyed by most, they can be ruined for some of us by someone with an addiction.

I want to post this to all of you who have spent this Christmas night upset, angry or hurt and to remind you that you are strong and you will get through this. To keep your head up and always move forward and look to the future because it will get better.

These are some quotes that have helped me and if any of them help just one person, I will be forever glad.

Strength and love to all of you on this Christmas night. May the future ones be better and brighter, filled with all of the happiness you deserve.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas A. Edison

“When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!” - Unknown

“Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.” - Unknown

“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.” - Unknown

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard

“When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.” - Unknown

“Life has two rules: #1 Never quit #2 Always remember rule # 1.” - Unknown

"The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best" - Epictetus

"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today" - H. G. Wells

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

"True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart." - Unknown

"Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength." - Unknown

"The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths." ― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

"Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could." – Louise Erdrich
Old 12-25-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks posting, lots of wisdom x
Old 12-25-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your great post. I needed it!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, WalkAlone. I have my facebook feed stuffed with similar little messages every day, reminding me to stay positive and to value myself as a human being. They have been a huge help to avoid being dragged under in my husband's negativity maelstrom.