Drama

Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drama

Someone sent me this quote, I think it's very appropriate, after living with an alcoholic for the past 5 years. Or should I call him XABF. I had a great life before I met him. I absolutely invited him in. I thought he was a person worth saving. All I did was ruin my own life. Finally after his third trip to the hospital, I had enough. I gave him his clothes and $150.00 and he took a cab over to his kid's house. I changed all the locks. It's been 4 months and he's still residing on his kid's sofa. Emailing me everyday how I'm killing him!

"Drama does not just walk into your life. you either create it, invite it, or you associate with people who love to bring it into your life"

Peace and Love to all of you this holiday season.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh how true!

Happy holidays to you!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think I'm going to have a plaque made out of that and hang it on the wall...Thank you!!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drama should be classified both as a mental illness and felony IMO. Then again, I'd have a long rap sheet if that were the case.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

"Drama does not just walk into your life. you either create it, invite it, or you associate with people who love to bring it into your life"

Love this- I recall thinking prior to AH how "boring" my life was before. Wow - did I invite "chaos"
Old 12-24-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had no experience with alcoholics, I mean personally. Yes, I had experience in my work with them. I met him and he was funny. His friend asked me to help him get sober, which I did. I told him I would not date him unless he was sober and in a program for six months. Ah, but then I violated my own terms. My friend warned me. She said, "you are a catch, but he is not. You may get him sober, but then you are going to spend the rest of your life trying to keep him sober. You need to be patient and wait for the right man to come along. This is not the right man.".....Needless to say she was right. I thought if I help him a little he would get it all together. Well he did not. I honestly do not know how I ended up with this man in my home for the past 5 yrs. I totally supported him, paid his medical bills, let him drive my car. And, I never really loved him, not like I loved my ex-husband. I think he was just company, and I ruined my life. He took my life away from me. My life became 24 hrs a day dealing with him and the chaos. But I invited him into my life. I have to take responsibility for my part. I'm not a dumb person, just an example of how good intentions can go horribly wrong.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My AH has always been an exaggerator and a bit of a drama queen. I always chalked that up to him being a cancer sign though.