Just need to type this so I don't minimize later

Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes, I have spoke to an attorney. I have not yet filed and for now we are in the same house. I have plans on separating very soon, trying to get my ducks in a row (hence the contract that I have nothing to do with this and it is his debt to pay back, not mine). We do live paycheck to paycheck so I am trying to sock away a little money. I have told him I plan on separating and have told his sister who he is very close to. He just likes to block that out.

Dandylion...I did let it roll off as much as I could. It gets better by the day.

Firesprite...Thank You. You guys always seem to get it.

Hugs!

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
hi hopeful,

you sound very frustrated. i forget, have you spoken to an attorney? have you filed for divorce? are you still in the same house?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are amazing hopeful!

As a child who did grow up with an alcoholic, I can tell you I only
wish I had had a parent like you to protect me and remove me from a toxic situation.

You are doing the right thing for your kids, and also for yourself.
Nobody should have to endure abuse of any kind, verbal, emotional, or physical.
I wish you a much much happier New Year
Old 12-30-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that he reacted poorly, hopeful. The absurdity of him being upset with you when he's the one who broke into someone else's home and caused the damage that requires the loan would be funny if it weren't so sad. Hugs to you.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It is crazy isn't it?! He is quite able to block out WHY he needs this money in the first place. I told him he needs to talk about this with my parents and acknowledge they are loaning him a large amount of money for his F up. That if it were his sister loaning me money he would expect the same of me. Not much he could say to that. Grr.....

Originally Posted by JustAGirl1971 View Post
I'm sorry that he reacted poorly, hopeful. The absurdity of him being upset with you when he's the one who broke into someone else's home and caused the damage that requires the loan would be funny if it weren't so sad. Hugs to you.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
It is crazy isn't it?! He is quite able to block out WHY he needs this money in the first place. I told him he needs to talk about this with my parents and acknowledge they are loaning him a large amount of money for his F up. That if it were his sister loaning me money he would expect the same of me. Not much he could say to that. Grr.....
Yes, it's crazy the weird pseudo-logic and lies they tell themselves. All done to protect themselves from the pain of the truth, I guess.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yup...the truth does hurt, especially when you have causes it yourself. There is no getting around how much he has hurt himself and us, how much he has cost us both emoationally and financially, and that his kids see it all happening. He knows all of this, just likes to give it the mental block then play the blame game. Poor him. Give me a break.

Thanks for the support, you are wonderful! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Originally Posted by JustAGirl1971 View Post
Yes, it's crazy the weird pseudo-logic and lies they tell themselves. All done to protect themselves from the pain of the truth, I guess.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

He just ultimately is a selfish person who will never ever accept responsibility for his own behavior. And he just loves to pretend like nothing ever happened and I should be happy as can be.
I feel that.

Big HUGS to you. Like you said, it's not gonna be an easy year, but it will be better in the long run.

Sending wishes of strength, calm, peace, and joy.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wynter View Post
You've given me hope & strength for my situation. We're all in this together. We can do it... Just think how wonderful life is going to be when we get there!!! I can't wait. In the meantime, keepn the faith, rememberin it all happens for a reason. I really do believe that. My best to you. xxo
Amen!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

what if instead of "loaning" ah money, your folks loaned you money to move out or get him out? just brainstorming.