JT, yu da wummin!
Old 07-13-2002, 08:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Bumping up for Washbe
Old 07-14-2002, 08:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Anns; I like your list and I would like to add to it.I teach culinary Arts to young children who are eager to learn,my smalest in age is 3yrs,the oldest is 22yrs.We are State Fair competiors,and have Won many ribbons.This is so much fun and they teech me too.It keeps me very busy during harvest times.I Love the children.Old Lady N Shoe
Old 07-14-2002, 08:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi "Shoe" LOL...I can't call anyone "old lady"

It sounds wonderful...to someone like me, who was told in Home Economics to "only stir" (I screwed up everything and my teacher promised to pass me if I promised to only stir LOL)

My skills have improved over the years, but someday I would love to take a course like that.

Having fun and doing things we love to do, is such an important part of our recovery. I am happy this works for you too.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Moving up for Meredith and Josie
Old 08-16-2002, 04:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

To The Top For Diva
Old 08-16-2002, 10:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

TY for putting it in perspective...

You know it's funny, I have been so on the recovery trail for myself, that I didn't stop to think how this might be affecting my kids. I think I will really take the time in the next few weeks to focus on THEM too.
Thanks
Meg
P.S. I think I can add one to the list too...
VOLUNTEER - at anything! It is such a wonderful feeling to help others out...
Old 08-17-2002, 12:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

FRIENDS;WELL HERE IN KY.WE ARE HAVING THE FAIR,SO THE LITTLE GIRLS THAT I HAVE HELPED RAISE ENTERED A BREAD SWEEPSTAKES,WE DIDN'T GET A RIBBON BUT WE WENT TO THE FINALS.IT IS SO FUN TO BAKE YOUR OWN BREAD KNEDING THE BREAD IS SO MUCH CARDIO EXERSIZE IT CAN REALY WORK UP A SWEAT.BUT OF COURSE THE EATING IT SOMETIMES IS NOT SO GOOD FOR YOU,BUT IS SO MUCH FUN.ONE OF MY GIRLS IS 6 YRS OLD.SHE PLANED HER GARDEN,PLANTED ,PICKED,AND CANNED HER GREEN BEANS,TOOK THEM TO THE FAIR AND WON A BLUE RIBBON.THE GIRLS HAD 11 ENTRYS AND TOOK 6 RIBBONS.IHAD 10 ENTRYS AND TOOK 3 RIBBONS.I THINK THE YOUNG GIRLS OUT DONE ME.YEA!ALSO JOSIE THEY DECORATED TWO CAKES.ONE WAS MS.FREEDOM SHE TOOK 4TH.CULINARY ARTS ARE SO MUCH FUN IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO DO THEM WITH.GOD BLESS MY LITTLE FRIENDS.OLD LADY N SHOE [HAD SO MANY CHILDREN SHE KNEW WHAT TO DO ,'LOVE THEM.]
Old 08-17-2002, 12:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What a wonderful way to have fun with your children. I'll bet you are all so proud, and even if you hadn't won ribbons, you still would have all had a great time.

Your children are lucky to have a mom like you.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Paused

ANNS;THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WONDERFUL WORDS,YES I AM PROUD OF THEM BUT THEY ARE NOT MY DAUGHTERS .I AM A NANNY;I ONLY RAISE THEM FOR THIER PARENTS.THEN I LOVE THEM AND THEY ADDOPT ME AS THIER FAMILY MEMBER.SO YOU SEE I AM BLESSED TWICE.I HAVE THREE DAUGHTERS AND 5 GRANDSONS AND TWO GRAND DAUGHTERS.THE OTHER 15 OR SO ARE JUST EXTENDED FAMILY.CAN'T I BE CONFUSING?I GIVE YOU PERMISION TO CALL ME OLD LADY MY HUSBAND OF 45YRS.CALLS ME THAT.I CALL HIM HAPPY.HIS NAME HAS BEEN WITH HIM SENCE HE WAS ABOUT 3.OLD LADY N SHOE
Old 08-17-2002, 01:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mature Female in a Gigantic Boot aka Old Lady,

My goodness, that's one big shoe. I'll bet these children just love you, and no wonder your husband is "Happy".

I now have a hankering for some home baked bread. Mmmm.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Paused

I'll call you OLS : ) Got any great southern peach or any thing receipes to share YUMMMMM for southern cooking! I used to live in the south years and years back.
I am now in the mood to cook as the A is gone and my kids are soming over .../YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS........finally we can have a family get together without him ruining it.
Love Kitty !
Old 08-18-2002, 12:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile

ANNS,KITTY,AND ALL.THE NAME COMES FROM THE NURSERY RYEMS;IT GOES LIKE THIS'THERE WAS AN OLD LADY WHO LIVES IN A SHOE,SHE HAD SO MANY CHILDREN SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.'I DON'T REMEMBER ALL OF IT BUT I WILL LOOK IT UP AND FINISH IT ANOTHER DAY,HA!HA!.KITTY; I LOVE TO COMBINE PEACHES AND BLACKBERRYS.I HAVE MANY RECIEPS FOR COFFEE CAKES AND PERSERVES,ALSO THEY USE WILD BLACKBERRYS,THAT HAPPY PICKS FOR ME,I FREEZE THEM SO I HAVE THEM ALL YEAR WHEN I NEED THEM.I AM STARTING A COOKBOOK ON THE COMPUTOR SO IF YOU WILL SEND ME A E-MAIL I WILL BE GLAD TO SEND YOU SOME DELICIOUS RECIEPS.MY BLACKBERRY PERSERVES OR JAM TAKE MANY BLUE RIBBONS FOR THE LAST 20 YRS.AND I ALWAYS GIVE MY HUSBAND THE CREDIT FOR THE PICKING HE DOES FOR ME.OLS
Old 09-11-2002, 03:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Paused

She fed them some broth without any bread,and sent them swiftly to bed.It took me a long time to get it all remembered.I have been so busy and havn't had much time to post but I am reading and learning alot too.My children are doing fine too.OLNS
Old 09-13-2002, 09:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I saw this list so I posted it here

• Exercise, aerobically
• Go on a reading program-Dickens, Lecarre, Agatha Christie, etc.
• Do good deeds-give blood, visit a shut-in
• Play with your pets
• Organize your closet
• Go on the wagon for a month
• Cultivate your sense of humor-Marx Brothers, M. Hulot, Mel Brooks
• Socialize - get together with friends informally- have an impromptu potluck
• Phone or write to old friends
• Read a biography of someone you admire
• Cook something different, a new kind of cuisine
• Learn about a new subject: the Civil War, the American Revolution
• Get an orchid plant, or buy some flowers
• Sort through old photos
• Hang out at the library
• Organize an outing to a museum and dinner
• Join a reading group
• Listen to a book on tape
• Make fudge
• Make soup, and bring some to a neighbor you don't know well
• Get up early or sleep late - vary your routine
• Go swimming
• Music - play it loud, without any distractions
• Learn the computer and get online
• Rearrange the furniture
• Shop the garden catalogs
• Wear loud colors
• Learn a joke a day and tell it to five people
• At your impromptu party, play pass the tangerine, or twister
• Have a day of beauty, or grow a beard, or shave a beard
• Change your hairstyle
• Take walks
• Take naps
• Add something to this list

Old 11-02-2002, 02:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Paused

ha ha , i love it

Hi all

Well i have just read all of your posts , and its great to see ur all as crazy as i am. It ten o'clock at night over here, and my eight year old, was in her room watching tv, [ that was untill i read ur post on what to do even if u dont feel like doing it]

I dont know if u have heard of the las ketchup song, its a huge hit over here, with a selsa beat.My daughter bought it the other day, and wanted to teach me the dance, but boring old mum had to much , on, untill i read what u all had to say.

So ,the long and the short of it its , for the last half hour me and sharna, have been boogeing in the front room , music blaring, Sharna has been in hysterics over my feeble attempts at dancing , and trying to look hip, but , we have really laughed our socks off, Im totally knackerd, but it was such fun to act like a kid again.

ANd can anyone tell me how a eight year old can learn to move the way my daughter does,time that girl went to dance class.

i've had a crap day, and once again u all have brought a laugh and given me time with my nipper , that i wouldent of thought of taking

thankyou so much , love to all spin, xxxxxxx

Sharna sends u all a kiss
Old 02-15-2003, 06:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Paused

thanks for the inspiration

I like all the inspiration I am getting from the posts, you are so right anns when you talk about getting out and doing things especially when you dont feel like it, that is the most important time and I have to start making myself get out and do some of those things, I bought a new home last January and I cant wait till spring to get out in my yard.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bringing this up for anyone who still needs to have fun. If you don't really feel like it - this one's for you.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm bringing it back up....just for FUN.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
HanginByAThred

Angry I am new here

HI everyone, I am band new and just registered tonight. Now for my story:
I am living with a sr. alcoholic, he is my father. He has been drunk every day in March except for 3 days. Today he took the car and drove drunk. His binges are getting closer and closer together, and he is 85 yrs old. He attempted to get into the car tonite to get more wine. I stopped him. He left on foot. He is in a fog. Then I called the cops. They told me that til commits a crime, they can't do anything.
I'm very aware of alanon, but mustn't let him drive drunk.. feel its my civic duty. I also have a grown son who lives out of state, he is drunk 5 days a wk and his wife is probably going to leave him for good, but is leaving the door open if he wants to change. She tells me he then can join her in her own homeland country. Today I pulled weeds in the yard taking my frustrations out back, while he was out there drunk with the car. This is how my day started, viewing him take off in it.
It is very very hard to just do nothing when it involves innocent lives. I know I didnt cause it and I can't cure it, is not the point, I expect him to take himself out and die from this disease. I am not very optomistic at this point. He has drank every mo. since thanksgiving and has also wrecked the car back then. Since this is a progressive disease, I expect the worst. Had a substance abuse counselor on the phone from his HMO tell me that, the likelihood of him changing at this late date is slim to none. I won't forget his words. I take it day by day, and try to remember other's suffering and the way our world is right now. Remembering how others have it worse helps get me through, but then I also know there's plenty of happier people than I am, living very normal lives without this nightmare.