The out of control

Old 12-10-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Last night I told AH that his mom and one of his brothers are enablers and he started getting mad and then I shut him down real quick (he stayed sober yesterday, ergo he can actually have a coherent, logical conversation with me.) His brother called me yesterday to tell me that AH called him and told him he was an alcoholic and that he was going to support him however he could. I more or less said that AH doesn't need support (he's the baby of 5 kids and the older siblings treat him like he's a kid not a man in his 30s with a family of his own) but he needs to do this on his own so it'll actually be successful. BIL told me he didn't understand and he's going to support AH whenever he asks for it. *eye roll* when AH got physical with me, I texted BIL what was going on, asshat never responded to me but instead called AH and told him to get a lawyer. Yeah, don't worry about the drinking habit or being abusive to your wife, but you should totally protect your habit by hiring a lawyer.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How do you have relationships with people after stuff like this? I'm ready to write BIL and MIL out of my and my daughters' lives entirely. The way they have disrespected me these past two years is sickening. I either don't receive responses or they run to AH and ask if I'm telling the truth. WTF!! Why would I lie? What the hell kind of SAHM of two little kids makes this stuff up about their husbands?!?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

It's called a family disease for a reason. No person goes unaffected. Unfortunately, the A's family is sometimes worse than the A themselves.

As for perfectionist tendencies. Yeah, I'm still squashing that bug. One thing I've learned in my recovery is that the people with the seemingly perfect lives are often hiding the largest secrets.