The NO CONTACT Rule

Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last contact with my AEXGF. She had attempted to bait me into an argument over some of my belongings that were still at her place. I simply let it go and told her I forgive her.

I've struggled at times, wondering how she is and what she's doing. Yet, I take a deep breath or visit this site to remind myself of how destructive she was. Luckily, she hasn't tried to contact me yet. I know that I'm not in a place where I'm immune to her manipulations.

I'm about to start a RN program later this month, and it is an intense program. I'm grateful this all happened prior to my starting. Every day gets easier, and hopefully it will continue.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thank you for this post I need a reminder every now and then. I am back to no contact and on day 2 again! It is harder when there are kids involved but for me I will contact him if I need to tell him something urgent about the kids or confirming contact arrangement. Previously I would have started my no contact again when I contacted him about the kids but for me no contact means no questioning about his addiction, our marriage, his health, our future, what he is doing etc. it is this contact that causes me distress and brings me back to square one in my recovery!!