Sons Court Date Im A Nervous Wreck

Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sons Court Date Im A Nervous Wreck

My son was recently given a plea deal at his last court date. He was charged with fleeing and eluding, felon in possession of a firearm and resisting arrest. All felonies and all serious. But the good news is that his sentence will run concurrently! God has answered my prayers. His public defender did a good job and convinced the court that he was carrying a gun for protection not to do mischief. One of the arresting officers testified that he heard that my son was wanted by a rival gang which helped his case. When high on dope he had a bad habit of robbing the local drug houses. I purchased him a small prison television and decided that I will send $100 a month for snacks. Those are my boundaries. With good behavior he will be able to parole out again in 7 years. He is working as a tutor to the young guys who are studying for their high school diplomas. Luckily he is housed with several of his old friends and fellow gang members. I thank God it could of been so much worse.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are a loving mother and I'm glad it worked out as well as possible.
It must be a huge relief that he is with friends and allies--so important there.

I hope the GED study leads to other positive things too.
I am happy you have set your limits also and wonder what other things you
are doing to care for yourself in this difficult situation.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Best to you -- USNH.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am happy to see you have not walked away from your son, somthing so many family members do when an addict stumbles.

I pray for your continued strength and your son's safety and his willingness to try to better himself over the next 7 years so you both can move foward with his new lease on life.

G-ds love be with you and your family.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

fear, thank you. My son is where he needs to be. As much as it hurts me to say.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=fearNloathing;4334079]I am happy to see you have not walked away from your son, somthing so many family members do when an addict stumbles.

Thank you. I will be here for him. I see no point in tough love at this point. The Indiana Department Of Corrections have done all that and more. I am hoping that his segregation suit continues to push forward and he gets some money that he deserves.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am glad to hear that things are working out. It must be a huge burden of your shoulders.
One thing I really liked reading is that
He is working as a tutor to the young guys who are studying for their high school diplomas.
. This is a good sign and means that he is trying if he is working to help others better themselves. That little job might be the push to get him out of himself and on the path to becoming a productive person again.