OT Show off your Christmas Tree

Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT Show off your Christmas Tree

I've got mine up. I'd love to see yours! Show me your Christmas Tree and I'll show you mine!

It was, eh hmmm, a 7.5 ft til I had Hubz whack a few inches off the metal pole. I hate the drop ceiling in the living room because it's 7ft and makes it hard for me to get a nice fat tree in the living room. lol So I bought this one and had him whack a few inches off to make it fit! I'll have to get a pic of the mantel tomorrow. I forgot to do that when I took this pic. This is actually the second time I decorated this tree because 2 days after I did it the first time, the lights went out completely.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its pretty!!! I dont know how to pist pics lol but ours is cute! Its been up two weeks lol! We did also put up Dd's little pink tree w pink lights....its so cute...she loves it!! Sorry about your lights Boxin...that stinks! It sure looks nice now though!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

image-453068897.jpg

Ours is out on the deck with lights only. My 19 month old would tear it apart if it were within reach.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 12-06-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I drug that tree across the living room one day because I thought the outlet went bad. Tried another outlet. Still no lights so off it all came. Hubby looked at me like I was a crazy woman. All dressed in camo and wanting the tree lit and it wouldn't light. LMAO
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very good thinking PaperDolls! lol I remember having a kitten one year with a tree. That cat tore it to shreds.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I will try to take a picture tomorrow once I clean up the 13-month-old's "contributions" to decorating. Mostly she just took all the packing paper and boxes for the ornaments and littered the living room with it all. I haven't had the energy this week to clean it up, between being sick and working.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can post her decorating skills NWGRITS. I don't mind. I think at that age, they are just so precious. I can say that because I have an 18 year old and a soon to be 17 yr old. lol
Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I don't know how to grab the url on my phone. *hanging head in shame* I can do html on this thing just fine, but heaven help me if I need to share a photo from Facebook when I'm mobile. Bah. I will just dust off the ol' laptop tomorrow and do it that way.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I haven't done mine yet, but I did put up a 3 foot tree with no ornaments to see what the puppy would do. He's already tried to attack my Rudolph and tried to eat another Xmas decoration, so I'm thinking the 7 ft tree may not go up again this year, LOL! He hasn't touched the small tree, but it's not very enticing without ornaments. I'm going to pull out some harmless ornaments (no glass) to see what he does!

He's 14 months old and still loves to rip things to shreds if he gets a chance. Luckily, no furniture, shoes, or books have been damaged in his puppyhood! He just loves soft stuff and paper, and the odd dryer sheet or two.

I also have the lights up on the outside of the house and some of the other decorations up.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Puppies and toddlers aren't all that different. Hahaha.