Off topic, trust issues and maybe the end.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are not alone. You can do this if it is truly what you want. It sounds like you have had enough. Do not let fear rule your life. Try and keep a clear head today. Remember why you are doing what you are doing and try to focus on what you need to do to make your life a healthier and happier one.

Hugs!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I needed a friend who helped me just KEEP TALKING and reminded me NOT to be talked out of it and foold again.
If you don't have that friend. Use this thread to remind you.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well....how did it go? Thinking about you!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Well....how did it go? Thinking about you!
Epic Fail.

I completely whimped out. Going to try again tonight.

It was the first enjoyable evening we've had together in some time, for selfish reasons I didn't spoil it.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by steelman1649 View Post
Epic Fail.

I completely whimped out. Going to try again tonight.

It was the first enjoyable evening we've had together in some time, for selfish reasons I didn't spoil it.
Yunno they "read" it. You do know that, right?

If you are about to drop the bomb, they go compliant.

It is part of the whole routine of the recycle.

This is why pimps choose and shop for Borderlines. Especially A crossed with Borderline.

Ever see the video clip of "A Pimp Named Slickback?" From a cartoon series called "The Boondocks." It is way out of line for me to link it, but you can search Youtube.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Yunno they "read" it. You do know that, right?

If you are about to drop the bomb, they go compliant.

It is part of the whole routine of the recycle.

This is why pimps choose and shop for Borderlines. Especially A crossed with Borderline.

Ever see the video clip of "A Pimp Named Slickback?" From a cartoon series called "The Boondocks." It is way out of line for me to link it, but you can search Youtube.
You are absolutely right. I am a fan of adult swim
Old 12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

ok. Good.

You follow I am not an advocate of Slickback's advice?

But on the other hand, no sense in being Uncle Tom, either.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well obviously it took me a week to build up the strength to have "the conversation", but I did last night. She will be moving back in with her parents this weekend. It's funny as she said "I've been avoiding this over the holidays because I don't want to be a douche". I'm actually really looking forward to some sanity back in my home, especially over christmas. Of course now she's throwing it all on me, i'm the one wanting a divorce, i'm the one drawing up the papers and talking to a lawyer, quack quack. Oh she was plastered.

It's sad to see what her future holds as her mother is like a mirror into her future. Her mom was blasted drunk as well last night and when my AW called her to try and move back in with them, they got into a huge petty arguement. They both have the same disease at different stages, I really feel sorry for my father in law who will now have the 2 of them to deal with.

The only good thing here is that she's not going after any of our assets or sticking me with all her bad debt. I need to get her to sign the settlement agreement fast, before she has someone whispering in her ear, or she has a change of heart. Hopefully the documents will be ready to review and sign tonight.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good for you steelman! I can't wait to be divorced to exercise complete cutting of ties. Welcome to the getting out alive crew!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overit263 View Post
Welcome to the getting out alive crew!
[Hammer mumbles under breath] . . . you MFers.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

LOL Hammer!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steelman1649 View Post
.... No your decision to give your number was inappropriate, he's responding to the access you gave him!

I guess i was hoping for her to delete his number and ask him to do the same, try and keep things professional at work
Here's the problem.... she doesn't want to keep it professional. She wants to cheat. She is that kind of person. Can't fix her - can't check her messages, emails, phone logs to "make sure". At this point, she doesn't see her relationship something as exclusive - on her end. I don't know the reason.

If you were one of my friends IRL, I'd have a much cruder response for you. It'd be because you're my friend, and I love you.. but like... she's sending out signals, giving out her number, that's the reasons these dudes are hitting her up at all hours.

It's not your fault. She is who she is. She'd cheat no matter who she was with.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
WOW. As soon as I started reading this thread, I pulled up videos of him with Crystal (pronounced chris-tal) and was tempted as all heck to link it.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my depravity.

"Scientifically-speaking, Tom..."
Old 12-13-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi steelman
How are things going since she moved?
Are you OK?
Old 12-13-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I hope everything is going well! Sorry Hammer, you can't join the crew because we need your wisdom and perspective!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overit263 View Post
I hope everything is going well! Sorry Hammer, you can't join the crew because we need your wisdom and perspective!
Yeah, I have done the math.

And looked at the Mission Statement.

You can only have One #1 Priority, and it is the Kids.

And done the math, again. I may not likely make it beyond this alive. Such is math.

Back in Army days, it was called a Rear Guard Action. Had that happen to one of my Training Sergeants. He was old timer - Vietnam era. Had the M-60, a machine gun. His unit was being over-ran by North Vietnamese and Viet Cong, and while most of the unit escaped, he stayed on the back slowing the advance. Firing his M-60 until the barrel melted down. Was taken prisoner, but made it back alive.

But you saying "the crew" made me thing of more current comedy (to me) of Davey Jones crew in the Pirates of the Caribbean. My middle son, our earnest 9 y.o. Cub Scout (He and I baked cookies yesterday for a cookie swap at the Pack Meeting) is a HUGE fan of the whole Pirates and sailing ships. So I have watched those shows over and over with him.

He has loved ships since he was 2 1/2 years old, and when I took the family on a (kind of crazy) family vacation to camp on the beach. Out on North Padre Island. It is out beyond Corpus Christi -- you just hit the beach and drive for miles, and camp right on the Gulf of Mexico. Completely empty and deserted.

It is one of my favorite pictures of Mrs. Hammer. She was 8 month pregnant, with our youngest, walking back towards our camp. Bigggg belly pregnant, has one arm full of drift wood/fire wood to cook our supper, carrying the 2-1/2 year old on the other hip, and our daughter is walking along holding her hand. Oh, I love her. She's my girl.

(and maybe I am getting some insight as to why she relapsed. )

The 9 y.o. Cub Scout and I went back down to the North Padre Island beach -- two weekends ago and camped for the night. Played with crabs, starfish, all that.

Anyway. The Flying Dutchman, Davey Jones ship, has all these zombie dead crew and needs a live human heart to continue its mission.

So I suppose this is the part where they cut out my still beating heart, to keep the ship alive.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

She is trying to act like everything is normal, maybe in denail. As far as I'm concerned I'm helping her to move out tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I know this is very hard.
Please hang in there and let us know if we can support you.