My saviour

Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

JustAGirl1971 - cats are very intelligent so it is great yours talk to you! My very first Maine Coon was very vocal so it can happen.
Lysander was partially hand reared so maybe that is why he is a little er....plump.
Would love to see a pic of your cats.......
Old 11-27-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm owned by a soon to be 5 year old Boxer named Mummy. She's so good to me. Her given name is Ava but I call her Mummy. She gives the best kisses! We also call her da pwofessunal boxah. Ma knows when it's time to eat. She will harass me or hubby endlessly around 6pm by stomping her front feet, crying and running back n forth to the kitchen. She loves water n the hose! She n Daddy will run an amazing bill up over the summer just for fun!

We also welcomed in a Rottenweiler named Boo. She's absolutely ROTTEN! She once ate 2 phone books in my front yard left by the mailman. Ate the siding off the side of the house. Tore the water meter off the house. Ate many shoes and thieves slippers. Ate the whole bill off my favorite hunting hat just the other day. Loves to wooooo wooooo wooooo at the fire whistles. Guards the house something fierce! Loves to cuddle and eats like a pig! She also hates water!!! It doesn't stop her from rolling in dirt and finding the neighbor's dog poo to roll in! Ugh... so unlady like!!!

They know words. They know when I ask, do you want to go in the Jetta, which one is the Jetta. I can't say chicken unless I have some ready. They get very excited to see me bring groceries in by sticking their heads in every bag. When I want Boo to speak, I ask her who has a big mouf n she barks! When we go on rides and I get out, I tell her lots of teef Boo! Ma always rides shotgun though!

Hubby was freaked when I first brought them into our relationship. I didn't have Boo but my GF Casey a.k.a P*ssy Pants and Ma. He laid down so many rules n 3 days in said, they can do whatever they want. lol I lost P*ss in Oct of 11'. She was 14. She loved to swim. Only dog I ever had that could dive n swim under water. She could also smile a toothy smile. Loved coming home to see that face!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

They were also dressed up and in our Wedding! They wore white bandanas around their necks.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A funny picture of my girl... I don't know how I could live without her...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 11-27-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post

The warm weight of a dog next to you can heal so many wounds, can't it?

Oh, I love this! They sure can.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's why there are such things as emotional support animal and therapy animals. Because they are truly, truly beyond special and wonderful.

Emotional support animal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Animal-assisted therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a teenager, we trained our lab and took her around for the therapy of others.

Now I have a shepherd mix whom I adore....she's INSANELY SMART, holy! Just incredibly smart! Understands EVERYTHING lol. Also sticks her nose in grocery bags to investigate like Boxinrotz was saying lol.

She was wandering around the streets at approximately six months old (bit younger). Skinny. Scared. Clearly had a traumatic past.

But now she's my Jasmine

Last edited by OnawaMiniya; 11-27-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: kindle spelling!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

When I was in my mid-thirties and my (first) husband said he wanted to leave me, I was suicidal and even called the hotline. I remember how the kind person on the phone found the ONE thing that brought me joy and that was my two dogs (a golden retrieve and yellow lab at that time). He concentrated on me just talking about them and sharing with him. My God I think it saved my life! Since then I've only rescued my pets and usually straight from the shelter.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Since then I've only rescued my pets and usually straight from the shelter.
That's the way to do it!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Since then I've only rescued my pets and usually straight from the shelter.
Like Onawa said, the only way to go! Every dog I've ever lived with has been a shelter or rescue dog. It's like the story about the kid and the starfish on the beach--we can't help them ALL, but we can sure make a difference to the ones we take home w/us.

Loved the earlier remark by another poster about "my HP, who I refer to as dog"!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Loved that comment too.

In dog we trust!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

My Girls even have their heads in the fridge every time it's opened.

My brother got his first Rotty last year. He calls her his love child! She's just as rotten as mine! Her name is CoCo. He got her to fill an enormous void when his wife left him. He says he'd be lost without her even if she opens all his cabinets and chews open canned goods, pulls pots n pans and eats his pants, boots, belt n cell phone.

He started crating her when he goes to work but he left a couple pillows on top of her crate. I LMAO when he text me n says... You know what CoCo did? And I just laugh!!! She had so much fun with a 12 pack of Charmin TP!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My miniature schnauzer is also just a joy. Wicked smart, quite a sense of humor, follows me everywhere, just gleeful most of the time. She gets me out of the house, too, and she just has to "meet" everyone who see on the boulevard. I just tag along for the fun. Never lonely when I'm with her.

She's taken to making pictures - geometric formations with her toys as "blocks". She especially likes the very long thin toys, like dachsunds, and has an assortment in different colors and sizes that she arranges in patterns. She mainly sneaks down and does this in the night.

It started when I got a new printer, and when it printed the test page with all the geometric patterns, it flew out of the printer and landed on the floor. She walked around it about a dozen times, staring intently at the patterns, and then she sat on the paper. It was after that that she started making toy pictures. In the last couple of weeks, she has added a new twist; she has started stacking and balancing the boys.

Instead of rescuing dogs, which is a great thing to do, we raised mini-schnauzers for over 15 years, probably well over a hundred puppies. Mine is the great granddaughter, last of the line, and probably got the best of all the traits. I'd love to breed her

Great thread, great to have these loving creatures in our lives.

ShootingStar1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sally Toys Nov 2013.jpg (91.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Speaking of dogs eating cell phones.... I LOVE this video!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Fp1xFwX8L7A
Old 11-27-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
My miniature schnauzer is also just a joy. Wicked smart, quite a sense of humor, follows me everywhere, just gleeful most of the time. She gets me out of the house, too, and she just has to "meet" everyone who see on the boulevard. I just tag along for the fun. Never lonely when I'm with her.

She's taken to making pictures - geometric formations with her toys as "blocks". She especially likes the very long thin toys, like dachsunds, and has an assortment in different colors and sizes that she arranges in patterns. She mainly sneaks down and does this in the night.

It started when I got a new printer, and when it printed the test page with all the geometric patterns, it flew out of the printer and landed on the floor. She walked around it about a dozen times, staring intently at the patterns, and then she sat on the paper. It was after that that she started making toy pictures. In the last couple of weeks, she has added a new twist; she has started stacking and balancing the boys.

Instead of rescuing dogs, which is a great thing to do, we raised mini-schnauzers for over 15 years, probably well over a hundred puppies. Mine is the great granddaughter, last of the line, and probably got the best of all the traits. I'd love to breed her

Great thread, great to have these loving creatures in our lives.

ShootingStar1
Doggie crop circles!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnawaMiniya View Post
Speaking of dogs eating cell phones.... I LOVE this video!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Fp1xFwX8L7A
Lmao at the woman who had too much wine of all things!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I know, right?????
Old 11-27-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
They were also dressed up and in our Wedding! They wore white bandanas around their necks.
Sounds sooooooooooo cute
Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

When things were at their absolute darkest, the one companion I had was my cat. There were days when I was so depressed/scared/tired/distraught that I didn't get out of bed. She stayed right by my side. I used to lay there holding her next to me while I cried my eyes out, she never budged. She knew things weren't right. If I got up to the bathroom, she would sit in that bathroom and wait for me! She was the one bit of comfort in a very dark time.