He's heeeeeere....

Old 11-26-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's heeeeeere....

Whew...I've been offline a lot. The kids and I were all sick, then my AH changed his travel plans for the holidays. Instead of arriving on Thanksgiving Day and staying until Sunday (which I was fine with, because by Thanksgiving Day my daughters will be back with their dad and wouldn't have had to deal with my AH, who my oldest especially is still very, very upset with over some horrible things he said to me last summer in full earshot of all three kids), he arrived home yesterday (my daughters are here with me until Wednesday evening). Not sure how long he is staying--that will depend on where his next job is, and when it will start. Best case scenario for me is that he goes south to work for the winter, and has to leave Friday morning to get down there for a Monday morning start date.

Made it through last night fine, and I'm just taking it one day at a time. Trying to keep the focus on myself, and keep myself busy. I've had my moments, but mostly I am so very proud of myself for how far I've come in my recovery since last summer.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wishing you all the best, Wisconsin! Sounds like you've got that Alanon tool kit pulled out ready for action....

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a peaceful and drama-free week.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Wisconsin;
I was thinking about you last night and a bit worried you hadn't posted lately.
Glad things are holding. Hope he flies south too.
You are doing an amazing job in your recovery and taking care of your kids.
I was happy to see you post this a.m. :-)
Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Wisconsin!

I hope he takes off like a bird!

That being said...sometimes we are tested in our own recovery. How wonderful that you can see how far you have come, it is definitely something to be proud of! I hope you are able to have a great Thanksgiving with an extra helping of peace and sanity!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Praying for you! I hope you find some peace despite having him in the house with you! HUGS!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Wisconsin! I know you've been preparing for this and I'm sure you will do great...keep that recovery toolbox handy.

Extra prayers & hugs to all the SR F&F this week...I know we'll need them!!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh joy. You sound like you have things under… that nasty C-word, CONTROL…
I'll be specific in my prayers: I pray that he gets a job way down south (Key West, preferably) and that he needs to be there on Saturday morning. And that the job will last at least 12 years.

I hope your Thanksgiving is peaceful. That's my serious prayer.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone (love the highly SPECIFIC prayers, Lillamy!)!

Surprise, surprise...the job he thought he would have next week in Atlanta has fallen through. He is now calling around and scrambling, looking for something (we CANNOT afford for him to sit at home, he knows this, and for all his faults has never failed to do everything he has to do to find work). And I am...utterly detached from it. It's not my problem to handle or solve. Yes, it affects me in the end, but I have zero control, so why obsess? He is keeping me informed of major developments, and that's really the extent to which I want to be "involved."

I'd much rather focus on Thursday, when I get to cook Thanksgiving dinner (I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner), and try out some new recipes. As so many of you have mentioned, my hope for this holiday season and all of the "family time" is PEACE. That is all I want for myself and the kids.