Shocking sadness

Old 05-12-2002, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Shocking sadness

I read all of these posts with horror....and wonder at the same time what might be untold in my life..or my kids. ALL of you are so very brave...what can any of us say...it is just a terrible terrible thing that any human be put through any type of abuse.
Keep strong...you are all in my prayers
Kitty
Old 05-12-2002, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Thank you Kitty,

I believe there is a purpose for all of this. I've read that we are here to show God's wisdom to Angels. Can you imagine that. I hope you read some of the fun posts too. I've had more fun here. I found humor again and it feels so good to laugh.

God Bless You Too!

MG

Old 05-12-2002, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks Kitty. We can use all the prayers we can get. The good side of those stories, is that what we have been through has brought us to a good place of recovery.

If I hadn't gone through what I did with my son (an addict), I would not have the spiritual strength that I have today that sees me through all my bad times. I wouldn't have found this site, and I wouldn't have even laughed so hard I cry sometimes, which feels great.

We are survivors here, no longer victims, and offer our strenth, hope and experience to the newly wounded.

Glad to have you with us.

Hugs

Ann
Old 05-12-2002, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

HI Kitty!

I know what you mean. I remember being newish to the boards and despairing over the stories I heard. There just didn't seem to be any hope. But I was looking for the wrong kind. There is, of course, always hope that the addict in your life will come to his senses... but that is up to him. The real hope you will find here is from people who have managed to reclaim their serenity, in spite of the fact that they love an addicted person.

This week the A in my life had tests to see if he was having a recurrance of cancer. As soon as he got an all clear he was out boogeying again. I was.... irritated. Not irate. Not crazed. Not homicidal or suicidal. If you could have seen me a year ago!

Please try not to be horrified. The bumpy road of life with an addict that is described here is simply a reality. No matter what your A does... there is hope for YOU... and you are already on the road to being better.

Love,
Smoke
Old 05-13-2002, 02:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Kitty,

I have arrived at a place where I can thank the A's in my life for bringing to this program and all the wonderful people involved in it. Without all the adversity I would not have the strength and joy that I find today.

JT
Old 05-13-2002, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I read once that the people who love the alcoholic or addict are some of the most compassionate and beautiful people on earth. Hard to feel that way sometimes, but if you think about it a person has to be.

Just a Thought-
bonbon
Old 05-13-2002, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Hey Bonbon - taking some comfort from your words this morning. My daughter (pot addict) didn't even bother to call and say Happy Mother's Day yesterday. The last time she called me (over 2 weeks ago) it was to borrow money and I said no. Haven't heard from her since. When I asked my boyfriend (alcohol and drug addict) to do something for me yesterday, he said "Why? I don't have a kid with you." It all hurts like hell.