Wow, I am still here, after all these years

Old 11-25-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow, I am still here, after all these years

I have not posted i a long time. my AD is still my AD. Only now we have temp custody of my grandson. I had to do it for his safety. She is drunk all the time, she just doesn't seem to care. Her husband has left I think. She calls the police about once a week on herself. She has been in the mental hospital three times since October 24th. They just say she is a drunk and let her go. I have been attending my meetings and know I am suppose to not care but it is hard. She has self inflicted bruises on herself, she says everyone else does it to her. She has slit her wrists. I am still feeling guilty.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lavern. I am so sorry you are going through this. I want to remind you, because you said you feel guilty, of this:

You did not CAUSE it
You cannot CONTROL it
You cannot CURE it

She should be thankful she has you to protect and take care of her child. What a blessing. Hopefully with prayer one day she will see what she is doing to HERSELF and want to change. Until then it will not happen.

Gentle Hugs and keep posting! You are not alone!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

You guess you know you are likely dealing with more than just Alcoholic Issues? Maybe more like Mental Health? Do you need details and information?

As far as Grandson. I would suggest you try for custody with Hubby/(son in law?) support? You do not want her to only get half-baked "better" and try to take Grandson back.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mental health

Everytime she goes to the mental health hospitals they they let her out. Last night she tried calling me saying her mouth was wired shut and she was eating her vomit. I did not answer. Guess getting full custody is what needs to be done right now. Her hubby has not even tried to see his son since October 19. He is a pot smoker and refuses to give it up.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lavern, this is such a sad situation. I feel for you. Please keep posting here - we all understand.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really need to reflect on my blessings today. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who is there for me, even though it is his step daughter. I am thankful for my grandson, he is so sweet. I am also thankful for my son. It will be okay, I have to turn it over to God.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Be strong lavern. You have a beautiful grand baby who needs you. You are doing what is right for you. I read something the other day that made me laugh. A friend of mine sent it to me knowing I was having a rough time. "God only gives us as much as we can handle, well apparently He thinks I'm a bad ass!". It made me smile, but also remember that He is there for us and He will take care of us. Keep your head up and remember your blessings!