Laugh Off

Old 11-25-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sorry for all the typos. On my phone!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I *need* the rest of the lyrics too; please post them, Hammer.

It couldn't be a more serious situation for us right now, there's nothing funny about it at all. However -

After RAH got out of jail last week one of the first things he started was a list of everything he needs to fix from his enormous legal issues on down to small household chores he's neglected.

Without cracking a smile or missing a beat, DD turned to him & said, "So does this mean I get to call you "Earl" now?" It was the first laugh I had had in a week & one of her funniest jokes EVER.

ETA: for those of you who may not watch the show, she was referencing the main character from "My Name Is Earl" who undergoes a spiritual awakening & begins a life of positive thought starting by making amends for his past mistakes.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Laughter is a fantastic survival mechanism.
I think there are no rules to surviving this BS trip. When my grandma got Alzheimer's we were laughing at her adventures - when she ran away and the cops found her and she called them "little whippersnappers" and told them she knew those woods like the back of her hand "since before your father was a naughty hint in his father's eye"... Grandpa was howling with laughter after wringing his hands and crying for hours.

It didn't in the least mean we didn't love her or respect her. Just that we turned a painful situation into something that we could handle. Just like grandma had done for us her entire life.

Oh, I love this!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hammer View Post

only person i put in to "friend" on it who did not respond . .. . . Mrs. Hammer. a-hole.

lmao!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

"Laughter is the best medicine" is a saying for a reason. If I couldn't laugh, I'd lose my mind.

I like to call my husband "Public Gentleman Number One" when he does nice things in public like hold a door for me or help a stranger, since he's such a s#!t behind closed doors. In his rare decent moods, even he acknowledges that I come up with some good ones lol.

Kind of gross, too much information for some I'm sure, but some of you will get a laugh out of this. We were outside having a cigarette yesterday and Prince Charming mentioned that he had "just s#!t [his] brains out".

I said,"So THAT'S where they go! You must poop A LOT when you drink!"

Even he had to chuckle, grump that he is.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Ok.

The Hammer Children, lead by Hammer, Jr. (11 y.o. daughter) have agreed to share their lyrics, and are writing them out.

They were concerned you would want them to do a YouTube.

They may do cartoons with them doing background lyrics, for YouTube, if so.

Working on their next song -- Died on a Toilet -- An Elvis Presley tribute song, about the dangers of drug use.

lil' B@stards.

Christmas decorating now. Always a scary thing, as well.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

YOUTUBE! YOUTUBE! YOUTUBE!

Old 11-26-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Waiting w/bated breath for those additional verses--showed the existing ones to my A, who was greatly amused and wants to send them on to his sponsor!