thank you to the A's and RA's

Old 11-19-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
csd

thank you to the A's and RA's

I would just like to thank all those who have posted here. Because seriously you people who are A' or RA' have given me personally what I couldnt get honeslty from me EXA, and I just wanted to let you know, that your words have really been the most significant in my wake up call. I just hope you know what it means to me and hopefully others here. And I hope your adding here helps you to release some (sorry's) from your past, so you can move on. I wish you all the best in your life and hope that all your faded dreams come back and they are all reached. Please keep adding in on this side of the site because seriously you do some great honest answers.

Thank you
Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great post CSD. Thanks.

Zube
Old 11-20-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Seconded. I am very grateful for the perspective from the other side of the board, even when it's hard to read. SR is truly an incredible place.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it's good for me to hear the other side. one thing i am learning in AA is that i have nothing or nobody to blame for my drinking. i drank because i am an alcoholic. self-pity is a convenient excuse.

reading the stories of families suffering with an active alcoholic in their midst reminds my why i need to work at my recovery and accept i cannot drink. ever.

so, thanks to all of you. wishing you peace.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank YOU for saying that, what a great post. It is always good to hear from the other side of the fence no matter which side you are on. I know its good for me to hear from A's and RA's to make sure I stay a compassionate person, as that is who I want to be.

Blessings!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I completely agree, I often find myself understanding things happening IRL with RAH because another RA here was able to articulate it in a way RAH wasn't able to. I love the respect of all the members here coming together from all sides of the street.