Off topic - Thanksgiving Recipe Request

Old 11-21-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Why oh why did I start reading this thread....just as I was about to go to bed!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope no one minds me dragging this to the top again. Just made this last night (and had it this morning). It would be fantastic for a quick breakfast while getting T-day underway.

Reheated this morning without drying out. Super moist. Best I have ever made or had. Not heavy or "thick" like most. Very light.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Ingredients

for topping
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

for cake
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions

for topping
Using a pastry blender or food processor, combine all topping ingredients except nuts until it resembles coarse sand and clumps together. Stir in nuts, if using, and set aside.

for cake
Cream butter and sugars together with mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time and then vanilla and sour cream.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to batter until all combined but do not over mix.
Spoon batter into a 9x13 pan sprayed with Pam, gently spread to cover bottom of pan evenly. Sprinkle topping over batter.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool before cutting and serving.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

thanks lyssy!

I am delighted by the recipes. keep them coming.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lately I've been obsessively scouring the internet for recipes of new things to make, new types of food I haven't tackled, or just new twists on old things. This thread isn't helping me be less obsessed, hungry, and drooling lol.

Right now, staying with family and can't cook and I miss it. Moving next week but will be kind of broke. Man oh man I can't wait to get back into the kitchen lol. I love to cook.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh! Didn't someone mention an appetizer recipe wanted?

Haven't made this, but you can throw whatever you want into it, don't have to follow recipe ingredients exactly....looks so yummy! In the comments below the recipe people talk about how they changed it up.

Cheesey Mushroom Pull Apart Bread | Beantown Baker

Bet you could add in some kind of pesto, mashed roasted garlic, or sauce in addition too....mmmmmm......
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Another good no soup green bean casserole recipe is Alton Brown's - he has two, similar, both good. He suggests making your own french friend onions - I cheat on that part and use good ol' French's. But it's so much tastier soupless.

Best Ever Green Bean Casserole Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network

Not Your Mama's Green Bean Casserole Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network
Old 11-22-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Saw this on my FB and I already had the spice cake...

1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 spice cake mix

Pre heat oven to 350
Mix together (only 2 ingredients!!!)
Line muffin/cupcake pan with the cupcake papers
(I sprayed them with olive oil spray so the papers wouldn't stick to muffins)
Bake for 15-18 minutes til tooth pick comes out clean

I wasn't real sure if I liked them at first (plain) and then I put cream cheese frosting on them... OMG!!! So freaking good and easy!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I know nobody asked for a gravy recipe, but I just had to share. This is the best gravy ever. My kids are spending Thanksgiving this year with their dad and his new fiance, and my son said the only way he will go is if I give him this recipe so he can make the gravy.

Cider-Sage Gravy

1 bunch sage leaves
3 tablespoons turkey drippings (at least)
1 cup apple cider
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken or turkey stock
salt and pepper

Add the sage leaves to the roasting pan with the drippings from roasting the turkey. (If you have at least 6 tablespoons of drippings, you can double the recipe).

Place the pan over medium heat and allow the sage to infuse the fat and heat until the leaves start to stick to the bottom of the pan, about 3 minutes.

Deglaze the pan by slowly adding the apple cider, stirring to scrape up the brown bits. Simmer for 3 minutes.

Whisk together the flour and chicken stock in a separate container until smooth.

Slowly pour the stock/flour mixture into the pan and stir continuously until it reaches the desired consistency, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the sage leaves and add salt and pepper to taste.

Remove from heat and serve.