I feel the need to tell AH he is a jerk........

Old 11-19-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel the need to tell AH he is a jerk........

but I won't and I came here instead. He is barely working- his back hurts- living in a riverfront house for free- called me today like nothing was wrong to tell me some trivial stuff - obviously just wanted to talk - I wrapped it up quickly but now I am irritated. I am working myself silly to pay the mortgage and the bills ( actually I have always paid the bills so really not new even when he lived here) I should not hve picked up- he always has a sob story and always will. He is who he is always has been and always will be - I need to deal with my issues - which I have many- enjoy my wonderful sons- my angel of a dog - my friends and concentrate on my healing . he made his choice again and again and it is not me. His loss...................jackass~
Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you coming here instead of engaging in more fruitless back-and-forth. You're getting stronger, Susie!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!

I have a petty confession that will make you laugh. So..my AH makes me pretty mad. He hoardes his clothes and will not get rid of any shirts and has alot of them and buys more pretty often. Well my daughter has a guinea pig that he won't touch...ever. I put a liner down under the bedding in her cage and have started using a shirt a week as that liner.

So so petty but for whatever reason it makes me feel a little better. You prob. think I am a nut but when I say he has too many shirts I mean he has the whole closet to himself and it is so stuffed it cannot fit them all. One a week won't hurt!

Carry on then....
Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are just looking out for the guinea pig - that is very thoughtful of you. Made me smile - :-)
Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Great job Susie on maintaining your own dignity ~
why argue with a quacker?? right??

Keep taking good care of YOU!

pink hugs!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My mother lived by the code (long before Dr Phil coined the phrase) "you teach others how to treat you." My mom gave respect and demanded it in return. If she ran into this situation, she would sit the person down, and calmly say "I understand you are in a fragile place right now but I will not tolerate this disrespect."
I grew up with that and live by the same code. Demanding respect doesn't mean yelling, or being angry. In fact in means the opposite, calmly refusing to tolerate behavior you find disrespectful (or irritating).