Anger doesn't solve anything...

Old 11-19-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Who says that anger doesn't solve anything......? Anger is a reaction to fear or pain---it alerts the organism to that which may be harmful. Harnessed, properly, it can give the motivation and energy to make necessary changes for our own welfare.

dandylion
I'm referring to acting out on anger...tearing up an apartment, punching holes in walls, etc.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Ok. this one came close to me/mine.

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I am angry because:

We have spent literally thousands of dollars on this dam@ addiction of his.
My math says close to $30K on our version of all the foolishness -- plus I suppose some other opportunity costs.

BUT I am pretty sure I am running on God's economy anyway, so not my worry. My project just hit its budget limit for the year (before the year is up) but I have MONTHS of money packed away -- ALL THANKS TO THE PROGRAM.

I feel stress/depression has prematurely aged me both physically and mentally
I was hard on that path for a while . . . and then all the cautions here and in Alanon to take care of yourself -- I started running and swimming laps -- now I am doing 100 meter practice sprints with my daughter. Best shape in some years.

My kids have experienced hardship they should not know anythign about
oh yeah. Drove the older two kids into Alateen . . . and now we say family prayers, together.

I HATE BEING LIED TO and don't think addiction is an excuse. For my AH anyways, it is something he chooses and he chooses it over the well being of our family and he chooses to lie to me about it even though he knows I HATE BEING LIED TO MORE THAN I HATE HIM DRINKING!
I DO HATE THE LIES. Dealing with the Lies has made me . . . . become remarkably honest . . . at least for me, and where I started -- and Totally Love the Truth.

I doubt I will ever trust another man again in my life and already feel anxiety over the men my daughter's will end up choosing in their lives.
Having to learn to talk about emotions in Alanon and all and on here . . . has made me . . . . actually sort of funny and chatty and I think even somewhat attractive rather than being a Cold Nerd. hmmm. Yunno, I actually think most of the wimmen folks I have met on here, Alanon, and in the real world in general . . . would not make bad wives, at all, and all in all seem pretty nice and trustworthy. Not shopping . . . yet . . . . but actually I think all this has widely enbiggened my world.

That being said, I will not let the anger control me or my life. I have accepted these things as reality and am dealing with them best I know how. I would walk in a second if i could, but I have two children to think about and their well being is in my control and with God's help I will make decisions that I believe are in their best interests one day at a time.

Thank You.
Yeah, THANK YOU.

THAT is the Good Stuff in all this. THE GOD STUFF. Reminds me of the End of the Book of Job, where you paid back more than the loss, or even more like the Joseph Story ending -- where after everything crappy imaginable happens . . . Joseph gets to look up and say (sing this with me, choir):

YOU MEANT IT FOR EVIL . . . BUT GOD TURNED IT FOR GOOD.

Yeah. That is the Way MY God Rolls.

Go, Joe, Go.

Not so angry anymore. Pretty damn happy.