Well, I went away for the weekend

Old 11-11-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I went away for the weekend

I was having major anxiety last week around this time because I was scared to leave for the weekend because I knew my AH would drink. Well, I am happy to report, I have no idea if he did or did not and I don't care.

I went and had a lovely time with my daughter at her cheerleading competition. We stayed at my sister's home who lives near there and my mom and little daughter went with me also. We had a great time spending time together and watching my daughter compete. I tried to only text with my husband and he seemed with it always. I did speak with him Friday evening because our poor little dog was sick and he was not sure what to do about that, but he seemed sober and I don't think he had been drinking. And on a happy note, my doggie seems fine now!

I am betting that Saturday he did drink but I don't even care. I have no way to verify if he did or did not and I did not fall into codependent behavior of worrying about it in the least little bit, nor did I ask him about it. It really did not even cross my mind, I was busy having a nice time! He did send my daughter some texts good luck and all of that. He seemed fine when we got home last night.

What a relief! I am so happy to know that I can detatch myself from that crazy train. It has taken a very long time to be able to do this and for today, I am proud of myself and happy to have had a great time with my family!

I hope everyone has a great day today! A big THANK YOU to all the veterans and all you have done for our country, GOD BLESS each and every one of you! And also a big Thank You to all the people here at SR who helped me through all of those codependent thoughts last week, it was a rough one! You guys are wonderful!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wonderful update!

Great job.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"I was having major anxiety last week around this time because I was scared to leave for the weekend because I knew my AH would drink. Well, I am happy to report, I have no idea if he did or did not and I don't care. "

AWESOME!!!!!!! Awesome Awesome Awesome...
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Megge!!! I appreciate you!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great, inspiring news. Hopeful, I remembered you were going away for the weekend. It's inspiring to read your post. I'm glad you were able to find some peace and detach. I am working on getting there.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Blake! I was having login problems yesterday or would have said it then. I appreciate your encouragement. You are getting there..I see major progress in your posts.