I could be blowing this out if proportion

Old 11-07-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hi

i hope this empowers you to get your ducks in a row and prepare whatever you need.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
hi

i hope this empowers you to get your ducks in a row and prepare whatever you need.
Yes it has!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Firesprite, I know just waht you mean. I tell my AH that he may not realize it but that he has made me feel crazy to the point of feeling like I am going to have a nervous breakdown.

He literally drives me nuts!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Firesprite, I know just waht you mean. I tell my AH that he may not realize it but that he has made me feel crazy to the point of feeling like I am going to have a nervous breakdown.

He literally drives me nuts!
I felt that way too & then when he would stand there staring at me like I'd lost my mind & had become crazy all on my own I would get sooo angry. How dare he drive me to the edge & then act like he had no idea how I got there!!

Thing was, he really didn't know. In order to know he would've had to have acknowledged what was happening (lies, manipulations, gaslighting) and owned his part in it. He wasn't being honest with himself so he never saw my behavior as anything other than me going crazy all on my own. Eventually it clicked that no matter what the circumstances, I could choose a different reaction.... I didn't need him to agree with me or see my POV.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I felt that way too & then when he would stand there staring at me like I'd lost my mind & had become crazy all on my own I would get sooo angry. How dare he drive me to the edge & then act like he had no idea how I got there!!

Thing was, he really didn't know. In order to know he would've had to have acknowledged what was happening (lies, manipulations, gaslighting) and owned his part in it. He wasn't being honest with himself so he never saw my behavior as anything other than me going crazy all on my own. Eventually it clicked that no matter what the circumstances, I could choose a different reaction.... I didn't need him to agree with me or see my POV.
I agree totally. I have slowly changed my life that I don't need his acknowledgement of what is happening. I will deal with life and detatch from all of that "craziness"!

Have a good day!