ot :sort of

Old 11-01-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

ot :sort of

QUESTION:
Anyone ever had an ultrasound be wrong with babies gender?
Jw.

Anyhow I broke down crying last night and today.
Ah asked what was wrong . To which he got upset when I didnt tell him and said I need to communicate my feelings. I dont because well ...talking to a mess of an alcoholic doesnt work but I said wth and told him.
Im stressed , im hormonal, no im not "happy" .....and I need a little break, a partner, help.
Hopefully I can take a day or two and relax. i Need it
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gender was correct on the U.S. for me both times.

Please get some support as it sounds like you need it (Alanon, Celebrate Recovery, family, friends), and not in the form of an alcoholic being your support system.

Hugs and God Bless!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So, are you worried the ultrasound is wrong, or did you find out it was wrong?

I had an ultrasound once, just a couple of weeks before baby was born, and they i.d.'d a girl. I already had three boys. Girl turned out to be correct.. but that was 28 years ago and ultrasounds looked like bad faxes.

Ditto to the suggestion for real support. Al-Anon, a friend, a family member. Get someone you can trust to talk with..

Good luck. I hope that after you find the support you need, either here or at home or both, you can change your username (((((hugs))))))
Old 11-01-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Being hormonal and relying on an A for support is a HORRIBLE place to be.. I've been there done that. Please find something that makes you feel good and have fun for a little while. And of course Ditto what everyone else said.

I've heard of U/S's being incorrect but my kids are 8 and 5 and both of my gender scans were correct.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Thanks.

Ah stormed out after I told him how I felt. He asked after all.
Who knows what hes doing. Pouting for sure. Seriously ? I get that alcoholics act like children and do that but is he so clueless that he cant see im pregnant too? I mean jeeze!! He hears one bad feeling towards him he runs off and throws a fit. Btw I agree with everyone else about not expecting too much support from an A and looking elsewhere.

As for ultrasound I just had this strong feeling it was a boy . ..dr said girl (im thrilled still and just want a healthy baby) however I wasnt wrong with my other children.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My ultrasounds were both correct, boy and girl. I have heard though that when the scan I.d.s a boy it is almost completely accurate but with girls it could actually be a boy depending on how the baby is positioned when the u.s. is done. If that makes sense?

Sorry you don't have more support at home. That stinks. I've been there.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

All of my ultrasounds were correct, but they were also glaringly obvious. Except for this last one. The anatomy scan showed nothing of value for gender, and my OB said it looked "girl-ish" in two other scans. Thankfully, he'd been at his job for several decades and could pick em out. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I gave birth to my baby girl (who just turned one on Tuesday *sob*).