the negativity phase of sobriety

Old 10-31-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the negativity phase of sobriety

I'm very thankful AH is sober, right now, this week. I'll take it for what it is and hope he makes it through the negativity phase of sobriety this time. I'm guessing it may last a few weeks? We're both dealing with it pretty well today, but it's not easy. At least I realize it's part of the process and it'll probably get worse before it gets better.

Biggest thing for me is to get more sleep. I've been working this week, Halloween, plenty of things going on with the kids -- I need to take some me time tonight and then get to sleep on time.

When he gave up chewing tobacco, I had no problem with him being grumpy as long as I realized where it was coming from. This is a little different (harder), but along the same lines. I can deal with it. I pray that he can too! We've at least both found things to smile about today. That does help to balance it out.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep on working on your steps & recovery!...Best Wishes to you!

Yes, Sleep is a beautiful thing
Old 11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Slept great.

One more day on the wagon for AH and actually no negativity tonight. His sweet tooth has kicked in, so as much as I'd hate to admit it, maybe that's a good thing?