Trusting in my HP

Old 10-27-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trusting in my HP

Hey All.

I just want to share something positive.

A little back story: I work at a job in the helping professions (who would have thought a codie would choose that kind of career path?). I have a lot of responsibility at my job, but I have been on a case for the last 2 years that has decreased in its challenge for me and I've been feeling like I need to move on for some time now.

For the last 3 months I have been dealing with the grief from the loss of my XAPartner, as many of you know. I lost a lot of weight and became very distracted at my job. Last Thursday my supervisor left a message with me, but wasn't available to talk. All i was told was that I was taken off my case per client request and there was some issue with my work. I felt so terrible and thought I'd have to wait until Monday to find out "what I did wrong."

I met with my sponsor and called anotherAl Anon support person. I decided to follow my intuition and the advice I was given to trust in my HP and not make myself crazy by ruminating. I was excited to not have to go to work and to have some time to myself on Friday and today, even though money is tight right now. Getting to the point, I talked to my supervisor tonight. I haven't compromised my work. It's more of a client preference based on assumptions they made about me. I am so relieved to say that I willl be getting a new assignment soon. So glad I trusted my HP that this was all working out for my highest good. Progress!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is what I love about AlAnon. It hasn't just helped me with the A relationship in my life. It has changed the way I handle all my relationships, including work and personal. Glad things worked out for you!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! Our minds tend to run to the very worst thing that could possibly be going on. It is great that you could recognize that behavior and move away from it. True progress is going on in your heart, I hope you are proud of yourself!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is AWESOME, LI! The combination of my codie personality and my years in law firms really did a number on me. I spent 10 years of my life ALWAYS terrified I was going to be fired at any moment, that people I worked with and our clients hated me, etc. I was so miserable on so many levels. Once I reached a certain point in recovery it was a lot easier for me to let go of what my profession defines as "success" and be true to myself. Then I found the job I have now, and the tremendous reduction of stress and feelings of inferiority have made it a lot easier for me to grow so much more in my recovery. The whole thing has been very symbiotic...