Step 9 Amends

Old 10-28-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't know what it's like in AA, but in Al Anon I've been working on Step 1 for 4 months. Still not there yet, but getting there. Granted, I've had to go through extreme grief which has its own level of acceptance to attain.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by LightInside View Post
I don't know what it's like in AA, but in Al Anon I've been working on Step 1 for 4 months. Still not there yet, but getting there. Granted, I've had to go through extreme grief which has its own level of acceptance to attain.
I start every day at Step 1. Going back to basics keeps me in check.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am really grateful for this thread- for the past few months the question of amends has been chawing in the back of my head. When my RAH came out of treatment, I was so damn mad I wanted amends, apologies, the works for what he had put us through - he categorically said I will not grovel, do not expect it!!
18 months later, he has made amends every day by his actions, staying sober, helping out - oh, and making endless cups of tea ( as an aside- do they recommend this as a tool in AA?!? I have never drank so much tea) I no longer expect an apology, can see his making amends-BUT the fact that he can't talk about it has caused a further emotional disconnect.
I am not sure where I am going with this thought process- it's been confusing to work on, I suppose . Ah, I hear the kettle boiling- thanks for listening