I like this...

Old 10-25-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I like this...

I like the fact that it is now 10:44 p.m. my time and there are so many people on here and reading and supporting. I feel so not alone. It is awesome. It is comforting.

Thanks to all!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're an hour off! It's 11:50! haha!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Howdy Ruby. I saw your post to Idaley. That was very good. I'm really glad she came back.
I noticed more "guests" than members tonight. Like 9 members and 44 guests or something. I know I lurked on here for like three months before I joined, and I didn't have the guts to actually join until I left AB.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Blue skies, you must be eastern time! I am central standard! Enjoying a night off. Kids are at my parents where I know they will be cared for and happy.

Lady scribbler, thanks. I feel for idaley. I have walked in those shoes at a far older age with greater resources. It is scary. I lurked for a month or so before joining. I started with the recovery forum but have really found that a lot of my problems were and are to be found with my co-depency on my AH. Gack! I am glad I am here.

He is out "doing his own thing" since this is his"last night." Ummhmm. Yah. As he said last night. and the night before. In the words of one of my cousins, he is such a butthead. One of my Iowa cousins, mind you. Glad he is gone too. Me and the cats are having a fine evening.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm still up also, eastern standard time 12:36. I'm not married anymore, but I remember spending many nights on forums, and new years eve on forums, my birthdays .... etc.....

Just have to say...... I would rather spend my time here. Oh, ruby (((hugs))), and me and my cats are doing fine also.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I miss my cats and dog. I had to leave them behind when I left b/c my brother is deathly allergic. It's my one regret, really. I worry about my mongrels more than A. I KNOW what he's doing.
Yeah, holidays were always miserable with an A. I'm really looking forward to spending this Halloween with my sons. Tomorrow we're all dressing up for a costume contest at the comic book store. It's free comic book day. And on Halloween we're trick or treating. I'm off work that night and the boys are off school the next day.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ladyscribbler,

I had to leave my cat and dog behind also when I left. Also due to allergies of the person I moved in with. My ex did give my dog to my daughter, and she was happy there. My cat, he didn't tell me this, but when he sold the house, he just left the cat there. I talked to neighbors of mine from there a few months later and they told me that they adopted that cat. I was happy to hear that both of my furry friends ended up having a good life.

Halloween sounds really fun, have a really good time !!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

It's only 10:00 here in the northwest! I just finished preparing for my baby girl's first birthday party tomorrow. Hanging out with the hubby watching After Earth. I'm usually perusing the forums here until midnight or later my time.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ooh, cool, Halloween at a comic book store! That sounds fun! I am looking forward to the Dr. Who anniversary special in november and regardless of AH will be inviting my niece who likes dr. Who but doesn't have cable/satellite. Family party and i will cook which is something i do for relaxation amidst the madness.

Sorry ladyscribbler about your cats and dogs. Pets really are a comfort although one of my cats is driving me crazy because she has to sit on the keyboard while I am typing. She is now laying on the couch snoring softly.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What's with all us crazy cat people up late tonight? LOL. I currently have 4 kittens that we're having a hard time rehoming so I'm watching them run their last bit of energy out by running, balls to the wall, from one end of the house to the other. With our faux wood floors, they keep sliding haphazardly into walls and doorways. Hilarious!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey NW, happy first birthday for your little girl. You must be feeling so proud of that. They are so special.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

FireSprite, I also have 4 cats !!!!!! I don't know what it is with us crazy cat people. But, they are just soooooooooo cute.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
It's only 10:00 here in the northwest! I just finished preparing for my baby girl's first birthday party.
Oh, how precious!!!! I'll never forget DD's 1st; enjoy her special day!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I've been an emotional wreck all week. She's my last baby and I'm having a hard time coming to terms with her becoming a little girl. I want her to stay a baby forever.

I'm not a crazy cat person! I'm deathly allergic to them. And I never saw the fun in cleaning out litter boxes, or dealing with hairballs and cat puke. All I ever hear is my friends complain about their cats, so I'm a bit lost on the appeal...? Lol
Old 10-25-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My cats would always sit on the newspaper when I was trying to read it. They would also stare very intently at the grocery store meat specials when I perused the ads.
Grits- Happy 1st to your daughter. Have a great time at the party and get lots of pics of her smearing cake all over. Also make sure you have Qtips to get the frosting out of her ears. Both my boys had frosting in their ears after 1st b-day party.
Nighty night all.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
FireSprite, I also have 4 cats !!!!!! I don't know what it is with us crazy cat people. But, they are just soooooooooo cute.
We actually have 5 full grown cats, we had 6 but lost one last week... She was hit but a car right in front of our house. So sad. She was my Princess, and so smart. Something had to have spooked her because she knew to avoid the road.

The kittens were completely unplanned but we adopted the mama because when i found her she was sick and homeless. Broke my heart. Every one of the kittens is solid black - we cannot tell them apart! With Halloween right around the corner, I'm afraid to advertise for adopting families.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Happy first birthday to your daughter! I can understand the pre party jitters. I am always a wreck that it turnout right. (I am now saying that I hate the auto correct on iPads). Turn out.

Enjoy your baby and her first birthday! Fun! I do know the sadness of them growing up. Wait until she is 5 though. My daughter told me in no uncertain terms that she is my baby and that I cannot look at, hold or even touch another baby. Jealousy. I passed a new mother on the street with an infant in a stroller and felt guilty even looking.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Firesprite, sorry about your cat. Always hard. One of my two is sick and I have to get her in to the vet.

Ladyscribbler, I know you are off to bed but I laughed out loud with the cats sitting on the newspaper. Mine plants her fat, furry butt onto the paper every single time I try to read it. Between the cats and the kids I may as well not have a subscription.

I could be sitting on my own for hours, doing nothing at all, with no one talking or paying attention but the second the newspaper rustles, EVERYONE jumps on me.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Happy first birthday to your daughter! I can understand the pre party jitters. I am always a wreck that it turnout right. (I am now saying that I hate the auto correct on iPads). Turn out.

Enjoy your baby and her first birthday! Fun! I do know the sadness of them growing up. Wait until she is 5 though. My daughter told me in no uncertain terms that she is my baby and that I cannot look at, hold or even touch another baby. Jealousy. I passed a new mother on the street with an infant in a stroller and felt guilty even looking.
My five-year-old daughter has been so jealous of the baby since we brought her home from the hospital. It's been a long year of that mess.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

NW - I hope your little one's birthday is wonderful fun!

I've enjoyed my late night reading & posting too...but I'm now off to bed...with my three dogs!! See, there are dog people out here too!

Have a great night, all!