Imagine

Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Imagine

I found this yesterday, loved it, and wanted to share it here. Letting go of the A in my life was a gift. I love him and miss him terribly at times, but I get to be me again. And I didn't realize how much I had missed me. The authentic me. My children, family, and friends are happy to have me back too. I'm looking forward to embracing new and wondrous things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Imagine.jpg (48.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 10-24-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice, thanks. As I take inventory of my life, a life I don't want to diminish as bad or anything because my children are wonderful, but I have put all that I am in them or in worry over my AH. I've home schooled them for years and this is the first year that education isn't my total responsibility--whew! But again, as I look at myself, I'm not sure I know who the devil I am anymore! Maybe this year I'll figure that our.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
I'm not sure I know who the devil I am anymore!
I remember that feeling. Now I wake up in the morning and look forward to the free time that I can make 'me' time, even if it's only 30 minutes out of a busy day. I'm excited for you--no more homeschooling--THAT is a huge amount of work. Just think of the 'you' time you'll have!

One of the biggest changes for me is going to work each day and not carrying the burden of my relationship with xabf around like a monkey on my back. When he was drinking/using it was always there in the back of my mind. Now I laugh more, all day long. I treat others differently (better) because I'm a happier person. Other peoples' bad days don't bother me because I'm not already grumpy myself over someone else's personal battles. Life is good.