Help!! AH is using our baby like possession

Old 10-23-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lynnett777,

Your husband is trying to control and manipulate you, and your current out of control life situation.

When i first read your post, I thought, Maybe, just maybe a small dim light came on in his head, and he realizes that his drinking is destroying his family. He stands to lose it all. And then I realized, no that is not what is happening here at all......... His continued need to control, is a saying that he is not yet ready to acknowledge and surrender his current addiction, JMHO.

Personally, the fact that he treats you and your child like his property, instead of treasured loved ones, is quite disturbing.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by ResignedToWait View Post
Please tell me you are giving it the name "SMArt Club"!
If not....#missedopportunity
Daughter liked that.

Looks like it will be SMArt Guild.

You familiar with the Guild Model? From the Middle Ages, at the onset of the Enlightenment. "Masters" are aligned with "Apprentices" to teach the skill, craft, or trade, and then the Apprentice goes off on their "Journey" as a Journeyman -- typically work on the local Cathedral, Castle(s), whatever.

We still use that model in the skilled trades today. For example, I am a Texas Master Electrician, and do teach and run training classes from time-to-time. New folks are entered into the trade(s) and licensed as Apprentices, and after 4 years, with training, are allowed to test to be a Journeyman and run sites and projects.

Trying to do the same for Science, Math, and Art Skills. Kids (Apprentices per the model) -- probably about 8 to 16 years old, aligned with various "Masters" for projects that serve the community and others, with Art and Design considerations and understanding.

Ideal is to get the Math and Science skills up to the point where kids can enter and nail the Math and Science portion of Engineering, Medical and Science type degrees through Calculus/Differential Equations and Organic Chemistry. (those are the BIG Wipe Out barriers)