Question...

Old 10-22-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question...

So my ah finally got his court date for his DWI charge. I was wondering could he ask for a lawyer when he goes in front of the judge or is it too late for that? The thing is he didn't get pulled over for driving drunk, he got stuck in a ditch and called the police because he didn't know where he was at. He did submit a blood test and he said the officer let him sit in the police car without handcuffs and was being friendly with him. He does have the option to call the judge to get a plea bargain or just show up for court. What do yall think would be the best option? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think the best option is for you to let him handle this himself!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

he needs to handle the consequences. if he is dumb enough to go to a dwi hearing without a lawyer, he deserves the excess punishment he receives.

stop trying to minimize his consequences!!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We know all too well how much their poor choices affect us....and I imagine you aren't exempt from the consequences of his DWI AT ALL. It's so hard to let go of it all and leave as much of it as possible on them - we're all saying it's not your problem, because it shouldn't be your problem.

Staying away from his legal troubles will hurt you financially, but they will hurt him too - and sadly, the worse it hurts him, the better. Well - all that to tell you that I truly have no idea on the lawyer bit. Sorry you all are going through this
Old 10-22-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks firebolt.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He should at least get a consultation with a attorney. They are usually free. They may be able to help if he wasn't even seen driving and just got stuck in a ditch.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Agreeing w/those who say to let him handle it himself. His decision, his problem.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The thing is he didn't get pulled over for driving drunk, he got stuck in a ditch and called the police because he didn't know where he was at.
So he basically gave himself a dwi.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

He *should* get an attorney (by himself like a big boy) but he can go in alone and plead dumbness and accept his spanking like a man.

If I were as dumb, (lol) I'd just take the spanking and save the money and take what I got coming to me.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I let hubz deal with his insurance today while I was butchering a deer and making hamburger. It made me laugh as he sat there, on the phone, trying to settle a 4k medical bill with the hospital. I'm NOT doing it! I have better things to do like processing venison into burger, chipping steak, weighing it out and hunting for my next one!

NOT MY PROBLEM!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

isn't this the same loving BF who busted your lip last week....? you had to run outside in your underwear to safety? missed work, he was drunk? you didn't say I love you enough so he hits you?

you can't keep in this circle of crazy..you care more than he ever will.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Is this his arraignment? If so, he will get the chance to ask for a court appointed attorney if he can't afford to retain one. Even if it's not his arraignment, he may be able to ask for a court appointed attorney for further proceedings. As others have mentioned, it's on him to figure all that our.