He's being nice to me. :(

Old 10-21-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No, trying to get into another relationship instead of dealing with grief, is not the way to go. You keep going from person to person, looking for caring, acceptance and love. It's kind of like the Wizard of Oz when she was tapping her shoes together saying I want to go home, and the good witch says, something like, you always had it, you just have to believe, or something like that.

Guess what I mean to say is that we all have to find a way to love ourselves, respect ourselves, and then and only then, can we also give our love to another person.

In these relationships we weren't loving ourselves. We couldn't be. How can we love ourselves when the person we were with had no respect for us, and hurt us this badly?

We also need to teach our children to love themselves. The reason words hurt so much, is because somewhat want to hear them. We want to think that we need fixing, because we can control that, can't we?

When someone loves, they don't want to hurt the other person, they want to sit down and talk about things, there is no anger. There is understanding and compromise.

Getting off my pulpit now.