Floored.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh... the woods. Nothing like it! I take pics when I'm there too. But I also take other things along with me that you may not...

Old 10-22-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Boxinrotz, you're so cool. But you kill bambi! You're still cool.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's wild life management Blue. If I don't do it along with the hundreds of thousands of others who ethically take wild game, Mother Nature will and it won't be pretty. One must do their part in managing the herds. Starvation and disease to an out of control deer population or any wild game population is much worse than an arrow to the pump station.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
It's wild life management Blue. If I don't do it along with the hundreds of thousands of others who ethically take wild game, Mother Nature will and it won't be pretty. One must do their part in managing the herds. Starvation and disease to an out of control deer population or any wild game population is much worse than an arrow to the pump station.
I'm actually quite happy with the results of having reintroduced wolves to national park areas. They take out the diseased and weak.

Yellowstone was the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life...even surpassed Rome...although I'd live in Rome long before I'd live in Yellowstone.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by BlueSkies1 View Post
I'm actually quite happy with the results of having reintroduced wolves to national park areas. They take out the diseased and weak.
hmmmmm, I am thinking about introducing wolves to a Drunken Cowboy Bar.

THAT could be pretty funny. And manage the population, too, at least the diseased and weak.

Been watching the kids play Minecraft too much, I suppose.

fun thread hijack, no?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I dunno Hammer...what if it was a codie smoothie bar? yikes!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlueSkies1 View Post
I dunno Hammer...what if it was a codie smoothie bar? yikes!
We would probably be trying to tame the wolves and make them our pets.

Just the way these things go.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

True enough.
Wolves, you are so cute, I want to hug you!

But I want to eat you, says the big bad wolf....
Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Next thing you know, the Codie (now missing a hand and/or other parts) is checking in to SR saying, "BUT, But, but, the Wolf said he LOVED Me!"
Old 10-22-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Next thing you know, the Codie (now missing a hand and/or other parts) is checking in to SR saying, "BUT, But, but, the Wolf said he LOVED Me!"
No..the wolf said very clearly I want to eat you.

The codie said, no, that isn't what you really mean...you really mean you love me... LOL
Old 10-22-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Actually she said, "I do not consider a BJ, sex."

Hijinks ensued.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

*gasps* !
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Gotta admit it is likely a good pick up line.

Probably for most guys.

I said I had to get the sleeping bags out of my truck and proceeded to lock my keys in the cab, and fumbled with that for nearly an hour. Stalled things that first night.

She managed to bag me a couple days later, after (gawd, I am such a poosy) I begged kneeling that if we were going to have sex, would she at least consider marrying me, so she just did not hump me and dump me.

Start of a beautiful relationship. What with wolves and all.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Between you and Rotz's hunting...the gender stereotypes are going out the window here...
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yeah, it is strange world in Online Mental Health issues Self-Help Boards.

ummmm, YOU DO understand that YOU are on one, now, right?

Not saying anything, but you follow you are here, too? Just figured we needed that baseline.

So at any rate Mrs. Hammer and I met on a real Wild West (no mods) Online Self Help board. I was working on PTSD Board from childhood abuse issues, and she was on the Cutting Board (hahahahaha) Self Injury part of the same site, and we sort of settled into Childhood Abuse issues. She seen how loving (codie) I was with my "pen-pal" and wanted some of that for herself. She got it.

But that was 13 years ago.

This last year rehab told her -- You do understand that he [Hammer, me] is now pretty much your father? I looked up Dependent Wife (interesting stuff, btw) and tried to stop it -- that is where a Whole Bunch of our blow-out has been about.

For our first date, I made her meet me at my T's office, and she was going to spend 4 days with me helping put on a friend's wedding at a lake house. We were not supposed to be f-ing because we were T-group-friends.

The BJ thing was the first night. Our honeymoon was pretty much the night of the friend's wedding.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm over here LMAO!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Yes. Yes, Indeed.

Aint nobody here who aint f-ed up.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm so f-ed up! I will admit it!!! lol
Old 10-22-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ideally just dysfunctional enough to be funny.

See, that is what the really bizarre part is.

What folks laugh about my stuff is just me being real.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
Needsomehappy,
His 92 year old mother passed away this Summer, and he was (in my opinion) fairly emotionless. ...He also told me that if our daughter, or myself died, that he would not mourn us either. That life carries on and he would just move forward. Those statements made me a bit sad, because it means that I would have lived on this Earth, and would not even be missed by the one that supposedly loved me the most. Please consider that you are worth more than that if you reach those depths again.
What the hell man... Calm down.... deep breath... recognize the curve of the beak, the width.... ah, it's not a bald eagle - it's just a duck.

He'd mourn a distillery explosion though... I doubt this is a philosophical awakening - more of a "given up on life" quacking. Quacking - No Limits. Could be a comedy special or a thread on this site...

I've been there as someone has passed - and been there to perform some of the after-death care. It's sad. I recognize it as a natural part of the flow of life, and I accept that. But it's still something that will elicit that uncomfortable feeling of tears wishing to release, and a deep feeling of sadness and loss.

I had spent some time at a psych hospital for long term patients. Some were just too damaged from nurture and nature - schizophrenia is a terrible disease. (No, I was not there as a patient :P ) I had gotten to work with some of the patients, and understand their feelings, dreams, hopes, fears - and often chronic low self esteem. the evening following my last day there, I broke down and cried when seeing my girlfriend, and opened up to her about how I felt. I was mourning what these people had lost - their independence, the years they've lost to mental illness, and years that they'll continue to lose, their control over their own mind - and the powerlessness I felt to do anything about it, knowing some of these people would never have the opportunity to live the kind of life they wanted, unable to function in normal society - and not out their choice, no selfish choice is involved with mental illness - no one GIVES up schizophrenia and recognizes their powerless over it. No... these people had their lives robbed from them, and most of us are blissfully unaware, unless we've worked in mental health (me) or had a relative suffer from it.

It's situations where I know, or am exposed to the death directly that have elicit the emotions. I think this is how most people are - at least, most people who aren't evil, or just number from past experiences.