Dad died yesterday

Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers are with you.

It's okay to pull your emergency brake and get off the train. Getting out is not abandoning him, it's saving yourself.

Stay strong
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and love coming your way.

Carrie
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for all that you are dealing with. You are in my prayers.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I wish you peace in this time of sorrow. I am sorry for the loss of your dad.

You have a lot going on now. Your father, comforting your mum, a wedding. All very stressful things to go through. Take care of yourself by taking some time to sit. Quietly by yourself. In the middle of the storm you can find peace.

When faced with this kind of triple whammy of stressful stuff this is what I have done...sat in a comfortable chair, closed my eyes and taken deep breaths. What can I change? And what is going to happen regardless of what I do? What are the most important things.

The wedding will go off regardless. I have always panicked that parties that I have planned somehow won't go off but they do.

Focus on your mum. She will want and need extra support right now.

Your husband? Anyone else to hold his hand right now when he is facing the consequences of drink? Siblings? If not, he is an adult. When I walked into detox last year I was by myself. When I went to rehab it was without my AH. I had a woman I knew take me to both. If he doesn't have a sibling, maybe someone from your local AA office can provide him support IF he wants it. If he doesn't want help to quit the drink and just wants hand holding in his times of trouble I would say give him your sympathy and leave him to his own devices for the time you need to sort the other stuff out.

God bless.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

sorry to hear of your father passing
and
your many other troubles
lead me to pray for you now ----------- sent

Mountainman
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just read your post again. And it made me angry on your behalf. How dare your husband put upon you at this time? Really. You are having to sell your house because of HIS improvidence? Spending money as he will? With other women? are any of themavailable to care for him and hold his hand? I do not know the circumstances of your relationship with him but leave him to his own at this time and take care of your mother. Be at the wedding.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Surviving. Please do remember to take care of yourself during this difficult time. Sending you strength. (((((hugs)))))
Old 10-22-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thank you to everyone for the words of comfort and support, they are greatly appreciated.
Today was a really strange day - I always thought arranging a funeral for one of your parents would have to rate pretty high on the 'sadness' scale. Oddly enough my mum, sister and myself found ourselves laughing a lot at photos reminding us of times with dad, and at his really weird idea of good music, ( the music at the service is going to be something to behold).
There is also going to be a full on wake and nobody is to wear black.....I think dad will be really chuffed with his send off.......I can hear him chuckling away at the moment.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that there's some sweetness to go with the bitter, SA. Hugs to you.