New to this.....Hurt, angry and confused.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi CC just to say I have a lot of sympathy for what you are going through now. As logical and healthy as it is to let her go, it hurts like crazy. I've been through it myself and the only cure is time and a lot of hard work on controlling your thoughts. Something that might help; write down the likely result if you resume your relationship, the way she'll behave after even a short time. As much as it hurts now, think of it as a limited time compared to the long drawn out hell if you stay together.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You don,t want to deal with BPD,it,s just hopeless. Even if she stopped drinking your life would still be hell.

Originally Posted by ccalhoun71 View Post
Thank you all for your respones. Today, inside, it has been very up and very down. I am going through a range of emotions from very sad to very angry to even the messed up, "You know, if I did THIS, everything would be ok." I have had to stop myself from texting her. I stop, take a breath and close my eyes trying to remember the hellish part of the relationship. That usually works, but the anxiety and pain return. I LITERALLY have to say, with every minute I am one step closer to freedom and to go back or try and get back now would be 1000 step backwards. I have read so much on verbal abuse and BPD it isn't funny. I can see myself and our relationship in it. I know in my head what to do, but the heart is a powerful thing. I miss her terribly. My kids miss her and I don't have the heart to tell them what is going on. I just say, "She's busy tonight." Eventually they will figure it out. I hate this disease. With every ounce of my body. I watched my mom die of cancer and this is a million times worse. I try and remember that it will get better with time. I packed all her stuff from my house, took down pictures and it is all sitting in a box. I hated rolling over in the morning and seeing a picture of us on the nightstand, happy and "in love." Like I said, my head and logic know what it going on. I pray constantly for the desire and the pain to end. I know God's plan for me is far more that what I could have ever imagined. I just need to believe it.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah, that's good! But I personally like this one better......

Look up the song, "Not meant to be" by Theory of a Deadman.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

BPD question. I am 10% through the book 'I hate you don't leave me' AW just got out of treatment yesterday. She seemed stable toward the end of treatment and says shes focused on recovery. Her actions today can best be described as emotionally erratic. As if she was drinking again(i know she hasn't since she got out yesterday). She seems to have 8 out of nine of the clinical criteria. I know that an active A could easily mimic a person with BPD. Is there a time frame after sobriety where this behavior starts to subside? Or is it that once sober for a few weeks, the non BPD will start to behave more rational? Shes driving everyone nuts with random phone calls stating how bad they have been to her, accusing me of control, etc...followed by a call an hour later to say hi and see how my day is. I'm not even thinking of bringing it up with her new therapist yet but am curious about the amount of time it takes for the behavior to stabilize. When she was in a structured program, she was great. Now out in the real world, she missed am gym time with me, slept in and did nothing all day(other than drive people nuts). She's planning on going to an AA meeting but we'll see.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by forworse View Post
BPD question. I am 10% through the book 'I hate you don't leave me' AW just got out of treatment yesterday. She seemed stable toward the end of treatment and says shes focused on recovery. Her actions today can best be described as emotionally erratic. As if she was drinking again(i know she hasn't since she got out yesterday). She seems to have 8 out of nine of the clinical criteria. I know that an active A could easily mimic a person with BPD. Is there a time frame after sobriety where this behavior starts to subside? Or is it that once sober for a few weeks, the non BPD will start to behave more rational? Shes driving everyone nuts with random phone calls stating how bad they have been to her, accusing me of control, etc...followed by a call an hour later to say hi and see how my day is. I'm not even thinking of bringing it up with her new therapist yet but am curious about the amount of time it takes for the behavior to stabilize. When she was in a structured program, she was great. Now out in the real world, she missed am gym time with me, slept in and did nothing all day(other than drive people nuts). She's planning on going to an AA meeting but we'll see.
Sounds about as spacey as Mrs. Hammer upon return from rehab.

Along with other Emotional Dysregulation.

Funny thing is the various addictions -- Alcohol, Drugs, Cutting, Eating Disorders, etc. -- all tend to mask, cover, or even mute the BPD and other Personality Disorder symptoms. If anyone is interested we can do the fMRI scans for why that is.

But when you take away the Self-Medication Addictions -- the Mental Illness and Personality Disorder stuff REALLY shows up.

As far as BPD primers -- my favorite was Randi Krugers, "Stop Walking on Eggshells."

Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder: Paul Mason MS, Randi Kreger: 9781572246904: Amazon.com: Books

When you get further into this, you may find, "Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get on with Life" as a good one. It is my current reading, and covers how to get with YOUR LIFE.

Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama and Get on with Life: Margalis Fjelstad: 9781442220188: Amazon.com: Books
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I want a future with what I know she can be
What she is today is a verbally abusive active alcoholic who is already attempting to replace you.

Work on YOU, work on YOUR codependency and breaking YOUR addiction to this person.

Her history of recovery is not great at all; her chose today is to continue to drink and text other men.............is this acceptable to you? Is this how you wish to live?

She can easily dissuade you just like she does with her trash........that is not love. Manipulation is not love. Lying is not love. Threatening is not love.

You are in love with a potential............you want what you think she can be............not who she actually is.

Her issues is drinking, your issue is codependency and letting go of a bad situation that is sucking the life out of you.

Ending are hard put being dragged is far more painful then the pain of healing a broken relationship.