My Son Has Been Re-Arrested

Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
The teachings of programs is NOT the guards duty. The prisons have hired others to do these jobs. They have councilors and such available to every inmate who wants it. If an inmate doesn't want it, they don't get it. Plain n simple.
I wasnt being serious boxinrotz. My father was a guard im familiar with guard duty.
I could have sworn I put an lol at the end of that sentence.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

I am also familiar that they offer programs. I didnt say they didnt I said it should be mandatory.
They will either learn something but for those who dont.....sounds like good punishment to me lol
Old 10-16-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I know we would love for all of our loved ones to get the help we believe they need, our hearts and minds are in the right place ~ we truly want what is best for them and for us ~ but as an oldtimer in AA kindly gave me as an answer when I wanted so many others to help my then AH, daughter and brother. . .

A reading from the Big Book of AA - Working with Others pg 98 . . .
"Some of us have taken very hard knocks to learn this truth: Job or no job- wife or no wife- we simply do not stop drinking so long as we place dependence up on other people ahead of dependence on God.
Burn the idea into consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house."

What this tells me is that someone can get clean & sober regardless of the circumstances if HE is willing ~ it also tells me that I can get better too ~ if I am willing. . .

just my e, s, & h ~

continued prayers for you & your son

pink hugs
Old 10-16-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by thislonelygirl View Post
I am also familiar that they offer programs. I didnt say they didnt I said it should be mandatory.
They will either learn something but for those who dont.....sounds like good punishment to me lol
Offering treatment or meetings should not be a punishment. It should be an opportunity for those who realize they truly messed up to straighten up their lives and be able to reenter society.
Making such programs mandatory and punitive brings in resentful angry individuals and takes away from those who are ready and willing to better themselves.
The punishment is being locked up, the meetings etc. should be the opportunity to move on and move up.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Offering treatment or meetings should not be a punishment. It should be an opportunity for those who realize they truly messed up to straighten up their lives and be able to reenter society.
Making such programs mandatory and punitive brings in resentful angry individuals and takes away from those who are ready and willing to better themselves.
The punishment is being locked up, the meetings etc. should be the opportunity to move on and move up.
Ok. bash me day. Why am i getting such backlash for this? i am simply suggesting that there are offenders who LOVE to be in prison. yes they do...why? its a second home to them. as weird as it is. i know this for a fact because I am VERY familiar with the prison system and recurring offenders and much of the time....its all fun and games as sad as that is. Education and rehabilitation as punishment? your misjudging what punishment is.....its not sitting back cushioned enjoying this thug criminal life mentality ...that they are people who might just need a kick in the butt and that sometimes its easier for them to NOT seek help and continue in a lifestyle, way of thinking that they are accustomed too. Did i say that help was not for those who ask for it? no i did not. i said that There are repeat offenders who lack the education and the guidance that regardless IF THEY want it...should be thrusted upon. why? because majority of time these repeat offenders get out and offend. sometimes hurting others and we think repeatedly sticking them in cells makes more sense than sticking them in cells with an education. that is what i am saying. Educating people is better than not no? and lets face it there are alot of uneducated people in the world choice or not.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

sorry if im getting a bit rude or annoyed . im being very hormonal and emotional today
Old 10-16-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Upsetnneedhelp, this is your support thread and I apologize for my part in derailing it.
I hope you are hanging there and that you will keep posting and updating us on how you are doing and what is going on with you.
Sometime, especially at during very hard times and at the beginning of recovery, we just need a safe place to vent. This is your thread, keep coming back
Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I ecoh what Carlotta just said. Please keep coming back, Upsetneedhelp.

very sincerely,
dandylion
Old 10-16-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

carlotta and dandylion, thank you. My son is very well versed in prison life. Hes also learned painful lessons. The running up of drug debts while incarcerated, pushing a guard, bullying the wrong inmate. He is a much better behaved inmate than when he first was incarcerated. I wont be visiting him for while because I do not like how I am practically strip searched like the inmate before the visit. Thank you for the support. I'm really not surprised things turned out like this.