Friday thoughts........

Old 05-24-2002, 03:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Friday thoughts........

Good morning folks,
I am trying to change my life from the inside out. And I find myself resistant to even minor changes. I want to learn to find happiness whatever my circumstances are. I want to learn to be more positive and see the good in situations instead of always focusing on the bad.

I am concerned about my husband. This is not the same as trying to force him to change and do what I want him to do(or not do). It is recognizing his dispair over his current situation in life. He feels like he is floating and everything is up in the air. His job situation is not good and he is not sure that we will stay together. I could hear his dispair and I hope that God can help him. He is a good spirit, kind, loving, dependable, and loyal. Maybe I am finally seeing this drinking behavior as a disease. I can see him the person and I love that person. I also see the drinking behavior. But there is more than that, there is an anger, fear, and frustration over what life has done to him. He feels angry at life, at God for the circumstances of his life. He is stuck in this anger.

Sorry, I got sidetracked on him, as usual. I struggle to move forward too. Maybe I recognize my anger at life and God. Maybe I am angry and not accepting what life has brought me. And there is so much good in what Life has brought me. But I want to eliminate the bad.

I guess we are keeping the puppy. He is like my life: full of newness and promise of what he will become, and also the work and training that will be needed to raise him to an adult.

Thanks for listening.
Old 05-24-2002, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Rose:

the good thing about anger is that eventually something has to be done about the anger and maybe it will force him into doing something to imporve his life.... but enough about him....

the same rings true for you.... as you work through your anger - have screaming matches with your hp power if necessary - but get it out of your system so you can move forward.... and emulate the puppy.... they are FABULOUS for recovery.... I love my beast - she reminds everyday that there is alot of fun out there....

Good out and have a great day!

Love
Ogly
Old 05-24-2002, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Ogly, I am so ready for this weekend!! Hooray!!!
Old 05-25-2002, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Rose,

I have been out of touch with everyone...new puppy...GREAT!

It sounds like you HAVE come a long way...loving your husband and hating the disease..that is letting go with love.

I think men in general react differently to problems in life than woman (and many times we love them for it)...they tend to beat their chest and scream "Why me?" Just one more thing that we have no control over.

You have come so far...keep up the good work.

Peace amid the storm,
JT