Can't move on

Old 10-13-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't move on

Ok I am stuck. Marriage is not improving, RAH(dry drunk) hates me, he lets our daughter(17) manipulate him and then accuses me of verbal abuse to her(she is very rude and disrespectful towards me and her siblings, RAH uses her disability(minor ones with the right coaching she would be great) as an excuse for bad behavior) he ignores me and purposely leaves me out of family outing or activities. He often makes plans with his mom and sister and I hear about through my kids. The list can go on.

We went to counseling but he has the stronger personality and the counselor ended up siding with him. I had to see her for several months alone before she understood exactly what was going on. I was not impressed with her I do think she did us no favors.

So I ended up quiting counseling had a minor reconcile with RAH which just fell apart again.

So why can't I move forward and go through with a divorce? I feel like he likes to see how much I will put up with.

Any insights as to why I am stuck? Am I just too scared to be lone?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is said that people do best when they know what to expect. I think there is a large amount of truth in that statement. Staying with your husband, you know what to expect, as bad as it is.

We also all wish to be loved, to have someone. Even though it once did, it does not meet that need now - but the memory will remain strong. Leaving him, you know neither what to expect and you leave what once was something that met your needs to feel loved, to have someone to love. It's a difficult step to take.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Cricket, I suggest you look at the current thread 'When Did You Know it was Time to Go'? There are lots of posts about how people knew it was time.