The Light at the End of the Tunnel...

Old 10-08-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Light at the End of the Tunnel...

Wow. I can not even begin to explain how thankful I am for all the LOVE and wisdom I am reading in everyone's words on this forum. It's comforting to know that some one out there understands. And every one of you has spoken straight to my heart.

I went to my first Al-Anon meeting today and I was very inspired. So again, I thank all of you for encouraging me to muster up the strength to get my butt there!
What I have learned in the past week, through some harsh realizations, is that I still have SOOO much to learn. But I also learned that I have a lot of help to guide me along that journey! And those two epiphanies are invaluable to me! I feel positive. And for the first time in a long time I feel like I'm becoming MYSELF (who I some how lost along the way) Because one of those harsh realizations I faced is that I HAVE lost myself... In all the pain and anger and confusion. And I decided that no matter what happens in my current situation I WILL turn it into an experience that helps shape me, and guide me to where I want to be in my life. My point is that I'm starting to see the light at the end of this seemingly never ending tunnel... and I think the light is ME! ME ME ME ME ME!!!! God that feels good.

On a side note I heard something today that really hit me... "You teach people how to treat you."
Old 10-09-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

FTL, I am glad to see you here--hadn't seen you on the other thread and feared you were lost to us!

Sounds like you've been learning and growing by leaps and bounds in the past few days--GREAT job! I like that saying you posted--it's amazing how you hear stuff like that and it's just like a smack in the head, like WOW! Wake UP!!

Recently read someone's sig line: The truth will set you free, but first it will pi$$ you off!

That one resonated for ME--once I got past my ego and my self-righteous attitude, yeah, I could see all the things about MYSELF I needed to work on, regardless of whether my A got sober that very day and never drank another drop....

So again, I am so so happy you got to Alanon and now have support in the real world as well as us online here. Hope your day is a GOOD ONE!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, I just read this. Amazing. The fact that you took action so quickly and that you were open and available to hearing differently is all thanks to you. It is so fascinating to see someone shift their perception and realize they hold the keys to their happiness. I hope you know how amazing and intelligent you are!!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, so very happy to hear that you have chosen to put yourself first.

I see good, and positive things happening in your future.

We are all rooting for you!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have a case of "Ready to get Healthy".....good for you