Locked out of bank account

Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

If I call the domestic violence hotline, is there a chance they could use the information against me?
Like call CPS or other authorities?

One poster asked how my husband would commute 45 minutes from home to a new job. Well, his idea is to live in the new town during the week then when the weekend came around I would pick him up.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

No DV will not call CPS. They are there to help you. You do not even have to tell them who you are when you call. Now I will go and read the rest of this thread, since I only popped in for the last page.

But just to let you know that I once did call the hotline, they then gave me the phone number to the local shelter, they were really nice to me the entire time, they made me feel really comfortable, and they answered all of my questions, I also stayed at the shelter for one night.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I really like it that your AH will be going to a different town to work, and that he can't drive.

During that time, you can call the DV shelter, find out what kind of programs they have, they can help you with job training, childcare, they can refer you to all different programs for financial assistance, food stamps, medical care. legal advice, etc...

Of course he doesn't want you to work, that would mean that you would then have the means to leave. So he wants you home taking care of your child, so that you cannot earn money.

Is this job pretty much guaranteed?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So he cuts you off from access to money, then expects you will drive 45 minutes twice a week to chauffer him back and forth to his job?

I would normally say don't drive him, his inability to drive is part of the consequence of his actions, let him get his own ride. But....in this case...driving him gets him out of your hair all week. If you're going to agree to drive I sure as hell wouldn't agree as long as you're cut off from access to your funds. I can totally see where it would be worth driving him to get him out of the house for the week. But not without giving you access again. No way.

Call the DV hotline. Find an AlAnon meeting. Start your plan to escape while he's away for the week.