Divorce advice

Old 10-04-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce advice

After several years of absolute hell and tons if emotional abuse I left my alcoholic husband. We lost everything we spent 29 years working for. I had to move from Georgia to Florida. Staying with my sons family while he finishes school I feel dso much better not having to live with the abuse. I have no money and not planning on going to work for a couple more months to make sure this is where I will be for awhile. How can I get a divorce in such a way that my husband doesn't know where I live? He is still obsessed with me and I feel very strongly that I would be in danger if he knew where I am. To complicate things he has been held on a 72 hour psych hold three times since I left Now the doctors have decided he is bipolar
Old 10-04-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps if you spoke with the police and his doctors, explaining the fear you are experiencing, they SHOULD have some kind of plan to help you proceed with your divorce in a safe way. Your safety comes first and when you feel your saftey is threatend, the police should have to help you!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Contact an attorney, they usually do have free consultations. Also you can call the DV hotline, the DV shelters usually do have a lawyer that will do pro-bono work. It might be advisable to also get a restraining order.

I think this might be an easy thing to do, but I would recommend an attorney, this way all info can go to your attorney, instead of him having your address.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))) and take care .