"One day at a time" and setting goals for the future

Old 09-27-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"One day at a time" and setting goals for the future

How does one possibly put those two concepts together? Is it possible to be (extremely) goal-oriented and also live "one day at a time"?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We can plan but we can't predict. I think it all comes down to not living in the results.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the only way we can move towards our goals, is to live life on life's terms, one day at a time.

hank, my husband, works in the trades, masonry construction. it's a cyclical, funding and weather dependent job. today he was rained out, and home by 10:30. got in about 3 hours. that's money we won't see on his check. when the economy went in the tank, he was on layoff for a long long time, getting unemployment. but because he did take work when he could get it, it affected how MUCH unemployment he could draw. whereas he should have been collecting $500 something a week, that was cut to $400. less than half of his regular paycheck.

that wasn't part of the plan!!! but we had to adapt. we cut expenses. I made my own laundry soap. we shopped at the discount grocery store. I traded in my blackberry for a cheapie stupid phone. we made do.

just last week, we paid off one of our cars. we had $$ in reserve from our tax return and when the balance due on the Baja was below $1000, we paid it off.

we made do. we found a way. we dealt with life on life's terms. we adjusted. the marines say: improvise, adapt, overcome. hoo rah.