Do the kids ever "get it"?

Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Do the kids ever "get it"?

My three girls are nine. Yesterday while walking with one of them, she suggested that since her mother and I don't argue anymore, that maybe she could move back in with me. She even suggested that her mother could continue to date her new S/O as to not "make them have hurt feelings."

While I understand the age appropriate stuff, will they ever "be all right" from the broken family?

Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do the kids ever get it? Yes, in time they will understand.

unfortunately it's years away.

A nine year old will process life in a nine year old fashion.

One day when they are adults with their own children is when the light will really come on.

I raised 3 daughters on my own, 2 of them are very normal, kind, sincere, loyal, loving human beings. The oldest one, is a self absorbed witch ,who remains MIA, leaving behind her 3 beautiful daughters.

My only words of experience, no matter what, never let them hear you say negative things about their mother. What my now adult daughters say hurt more than living apart from their dad, was his hurtful, spiteful words against me, that they could never understand or accept why he would say bad things about mom, kids just do not have the ability to process that kind of hurt.

(I believe it's important to be honest, mom is currently addicted to alcohol versus your mom is a crazy out of control drunk *****)

The relationship they have with their father today is superficial, forced, and more out of obligation than love and true sense of family.

You really do have the power to make this an exceptional life for your girls, it's all in the way you handle yourself, and your words, your very powerful choice of words.

Stay strong.