It's Been Awhile - Update on ME

Old 09-19-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Been Awhile - Update on ME

Good Morning, Friends,

It's been several months since I was last on here - and what a crazy bunch of months it has been! I don't have time (as usual) to read any of the posts, but know that you've been in my thoughts.

Back on July 4th weekend - Wife, Son, and I were involved in a serious auto accident where we got t-boned and wife's car was totalled. By the Grace of God, we were able to walk away from the accident with just some bumps and bruises - and it was on son's side of the car where we got nailed. He had just a tiny bump on his forehead, that was it. I had some burns from the airbag deploying, and internal bruising, and wife had more bumps and internal bruising and was taken to the hospital for observation.

Though we were VERY sore for many weeks afterwards, nothing serious happened to us. THANK GOD!

In August, a project I've been involved in really ramped up and I've been working ever since at a 7 days/week pace. I don't see much break in this pace the end of the year. Definitely no time to fart now!

One positive note: AW has cut back considerably on her drinking since the accident. She drinks some margarita-type stuff that comes in a can, but it's lower alcohol and more measured. The passing out episodes on the couch have ceased, and she's been more responsive if dear son awakes during the night. So, she's drinking probably a 1/4 of what she was, and that's a blessing. She still doesn't do much around the house and is still cranky and bitchy - but the drinking is better, guess we take the small blessings.

Next month I turn 5-0! Having the usual mid-life (or have I passed that point?!?!) crisis of: where am I, where am I going, what have I done, what should I do, am I a good father, etc., etc., etc.

But I did want to take a few minutes this morning and let everyone know what's been going on, and let you know I've been thinking of you all every day, and praying for you every day.

Many Blessings to you all!

C-OH Dad

Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

COD -

I was thinking about you yesterday & wondered how things were going ~

so so so very grateful that everyone is ok from the auto accident! those can be so scary!!

the big 50 huh? mine is next year and doesn't bother me a bit!! lol I have definitely earned every one of my 50 years! so I am going to celebrate with a big ole PINK par tay!!

as far as AW ~ sounds to me that it's more about your attitude than anything - It is what it is and you seem to have found your place of acceptance. Which helps keep your side of the street clean ~

Keep taking good care of you & your little man!

pink hugs!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear COD, cutting back is something.

Glad your frightening accident wasn't worse. Go easy on those internal guts for awhile! None of that mouth burning salsa for you! MILD ONLY!

I turned 50 last month.

I am so lucky. The millions of people that were born and never made it to 50. I am grateful.

Only 5 more years until the discount kicks in at restaurants and some stores!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I ain't 50 but I am so glad you guys didn't get seriously hurt!

Take Care!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy upcoming 50, COHD! I'm hitting 39 next week...ah, middle age!

Most importantly, I am very glad and grateful that nobody was seriously injured in the accident. What a blessing and a miracle!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad everyone walked away from that accident!

Don't throw away that AARP card when it comes in the mail, there are some good discounts!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you all are ok, and things are better at home - take care!!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for your update, always nice to know how others are getting on.
Hugs.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

COH - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

And happy early birthday! I like turning a new decade - it is a perfect time for reflection and planning for another 10 years. And I hear 50 is the new 30!!

Enjoy,
~T
Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear the update on you. I was wondering how you were doing. Also glad to hear you AW is drinking less and being more of a mom to your child. That is the most important thing. Wow with the car accident. It sounds like you all were very lucky but maybe that was your HP's way of intervening and helping your DW take action on her problem.

My situation is similar. My ADH has cut back considerably too but the fact is he is still drinking and at any time it can get worse again. Right now I am just in the waiting game I call it. Enjoying the peace but aware the storm may come in again at any time.